Not taking solid food well...2 week post op

Luvmygs
on 8/3/15 9:46 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I was told not to start solids until at least 6 weeks post op. I was still a little sensitive to soft foods even at 6 weeks.  I was on liquids for 2 weeks, then puree for 2 weeks and then soft foods at 6 weeks post op. Take is slow. Your stomach will let you know you've eaten something it doesn't like.

Simone13
on 8/3/15 10:43 am

Definitely a learning lesson.  My tummy just isn't ready. Slow is the way to go I see.  I will try again in a few weeks until then soups , protein shakes, sugar free pudding and Isopure it is.  I'm down 17 pounds since July 18th and I feel pretty good. So I will listen to my body and take things slow.  I have to remember it's only been 2 weeks.

diane S.
on 8/3/15 12:48 pm

don't rush even soft foods.  just stick with liquids.  i couldn't do much either at this stage.  5 years later i am grateful for good restriction.  it will be a gradual thing getting in mushy food so don't worry and don't pu****  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

125jfo
on 8/3/15 6:39 pm

My plan is for pureed or thinned food post op week 1 AND 2. 

Can have 1 to 2 oz of ff greek yourt, flavored is ok just no pieces, small curd cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, oatmeal, and cream of wheat.  Since I am the only one eating most of the food items I only bought the Oatmeal, cottage cheese, and ff greek yougurt.  Those are going down well.  I did have to thin the oatmeal and the cottage cheese a little the first 2 or 3 days.  Definitely wouldn't push food that don't seem to work well for you.

I tthought the next phase would be soft food with a little more density to them like mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes. Then transition to chewable foods.  Guess every plan is different but I am thrilled with the way Hurley Bariatric Center required a rwo week liquid diet pre op and have a precise meal plan to follow for the first two week post op.  I am excited to learn at my 1st post op visit what my next phase will consist of.  I have followed their instructions to the "T" and am doing great.  No issues so I am followings their instructions all the way.

I hope you solids issue resolves quickly and doesn't become too frustrating.  Stay in close contact with your team so they know what is going on...they may have some alternatives for you.  God Bless.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views