at home but feel so bad

KeishaLeigh
on 7/15/15 2:20 pm, edited 7/15/15 2:22 pm - NC
VSG on 02/24/15 with

Plain water hurt me for the first week no matter what the temperature was. I talked to the doctor and he told me to take light apple juice and dilute it a little. I lived on this for about the first week and a half, but at least I didn't hurt. I was told the sugar in it helped to settle the stomach for some people. During the second week i tried water again and was able to drink really cold water with no problem. Hope you feel better!

38 y.o. 5'7" HW 347 SW 332 M1 -22 M2 -18 M3 -19 M4 -9 M5 -18 M6 -11 M7 -13 M8-9 M9 -7 M10 -8 M11 -5 M12 -1 M13 -9 M14 -0 

LadyLeo32
on 7/15/15 11:09 pm

Hi...I'm so sorry you're struggling.  That is not fun.  I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.  My nurses sent me home with a whole stack of disposable one ounce containers for water (and/or protein shake).  They said I should sip one every 15 minutes (but not in one gulp).  It does mean constant sipping but it helps with portioning it.  Also, you are prob experiencing a lot of gas still in your system making doing anything uncomfortable.  Are you able to take the chewable gas-x and walk?  Walking was the best.  Best of luc****ep us updated!

Tracy D.
on 7/16/15 8:01 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

So sorry you feel like crap, Gwen.  I echo what Grimm said - you won't start feeling better until you can drink more.  Drinking has to be your primary job.  Dehydration will cause headaches and weakness.  

Hang in there 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Pamela M.
on 7/16/15 10:01 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

Warm egg drop soup was my lifesaver - protein and liquid all together - plus sodium - it tasted so wonderful to me.  My husband would go get me freshly made egg drop soup every day from the near-by Chinese restaurant.  Hang in there - it will get better but you MUST find something to sip constantly that appeals to you.  In just a few days you will feel 100% better but please try to get hydrated - most important!  God bless.

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

Sparky50
on 7/16/15 11:27 am
VSG on 07/21/15

I hope you're feeling better today!  I have no advice to give, as I won't have surgery until next week, but I'm wishing you a speedy recovery and will look forward to following your progress :-)

gwen41539
on 7/16/15 2:26 pm - kimper, KY

Well I was doing better now my stomach is all.tore up I think.it's.the premier shakes I had used those for all my protein so far drank 2 today and my Crystal light now it's like I ate a.whole bag of sugar free candy my tummy is rumbling and im getting a sick.feeling no diarrhea though ..I took some zofran tomorrow I'm switching to muscle milk powder see if that helps...it makes me.feel like I'm hungry...I took my pepcid today all my vitamins and calcium citrate plus d3 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

ElizaM
on 7/16/15 5:35 pm
VSG on 07/24/14

Check and make sure that your protein powder is Whey Protein Isolate. I had a lot of trouble with any protein drink that was not pure Whey Protein Isolate. Whey Protein Blends, found in many cheaper shakes, often contains lactose and post op, many people have a hard time with lactose. Looks like Premier Protein is not Whey Protein Isolate. A brand I really found worked for me was Syntrax Nectar mixed with unsweetened almond milk. 

Hang in there!

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

micrene
on 7/22/15 11:05 am - Melbourne, FL

I just discovered this issue.  I too, was drinking Premier but didn't even think of the lactose issue.  I am not lactose intolerant but one of my goals is to get off of most dairy anyway.  So I am drinking the last one today and tomorrow I am switching to a Whey Isolate powder I can mix with unsweetened almond or coconut milk, or in a smoothie.   I never knew there was such a difference in proteins.  I am switching to Six Star Whey Isolate Plus made by Muscletech.  30 g of protein per scoop and you can use up to 2 per drink, 3 carbs, 0 sugar, Cholestoral Free, < 1 g fat, 24 g BCAA with glutamine for muscle retention.  

NikkiL2015
on 7/19/15 2:04 am - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

You are in my prayers!

micrene
on 7/22/15 10:57 am - Melbourne, FL

Coconu****er seems to do wonders.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question