my husband is acting like im on death row lmao

Cuparian
on 7/8/15 2:03 pm
VSG on 05/13/15

Tell him you would like to go to Simpson's on the Stand (London UK) or the Ritz (Paris)

Then when he baulks at that tell him all you would like is his love and support over the rest of your (long) marriage.

I was a "dinner party" aficionada and would cater six or seven course meals with wines for most courses ending with brandy and port, which I would partake of to the fullest extent and then graze when the guest were gone on "leftovers" such as ........ ....... ........ fill in unhealthy but TASTY foods and you will not be far wrong.

For my "last meal" I did a full on dinner for a very special set of friends (who did not know what it was and still don't) and before they left I boxed all the leftovers and each took some home.

Since then I have behaved and intend to continue doing so, support from these web pages is my help!!

HW 380 SW 352.5

ceecart
on 7/8/15 2:10 pm
VSG on 06/23/15

I didn't have food funerals or last meals.  I felt like I've eaten everything and then some in my lifetime.  I also refuse to believe that I can never have anything I really want in the future.  I may only be able to have two or three bites, but who knows.  If I had eaten a last meal it probably would have been a big piece of prime rib and I was scared that it would complicate my surgery- my own paranoia.  I'm two weeks out now and don't regret it at all.  Good luck with what works for you-

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/8/15 3:51 pm

it looks like food is more important to your DH than to you..

I hope - for your sake - that he will not try to "feed you" - push food on you, after WLS.  

good luck.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

psychoticparrot
on 7/8/15 6:13 pm

I think it's sweet that your husband is worried about you and your upcoming surgery. Treat him kindly; the next few months will be tough on him too.

I had a "last dinner" of sorts. I was afraid I'd never be able to eat sushi again. So I had a sushi funeral before I started on my pre-op liquids. Of all the possible last meals I could have had, I guess it was healthier than most. And the twist? I found I could eat sushi easily 3 months post-op. But not the whole roll!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Jenna77
on 7/8/15 6:28 pm
VSG on 02/25/15

I kinda did but only before my pre op. My pre op diet actually started on Valentine's Day so we did our V-day the night before and we went an ate mexican but we split our food. So I didn't do too bad. 

5'1 Consult: 227 HW: 232 SW:212 CW:131 GW: 120 Pant size start: 18/20 Current: size 6/8

M1: 195 (-17) M2: 184.6 (-10.4) M3: 176.6 (-8) M4: 168.2 (-8.4) M5: 160 (-8.2) M6: 155.4 (-4.6) M7: 145.6 (-9.8) M8: 141 (-4.6) M9: 137 (-4) M10: 135.8 (-1.2) M11: 135 (-.8) M12: 131 (-4) M13: (-0) M14: (-0) M15: (-0) 

Have stopped losing pounds but am losing inches! 

ErinNikki
on 7/9/15 4:53 pm
VSG on 12/11/14

I started my pre-op liquid diet ON Thanksgiving day. So while everyone around me was gorging, I drank my sad little shake. I had several food funerals the week before though. I am glad I did. Didn't regret it. But I don't miss it. I do sometimes with I could have a huge hamburger again, but it is fleeting. Go for your last awesome meal!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views