Gastric Leak

Zee Starrlite
on 3/19/15 7:39 am

Glad your surgeon is a god.  Mine is just a demi.  No ego here just aware that man is man and anything can happen even under the greatest hands.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Beth Of Fletchair
on 3/19/15 8:11 am
with

I guess you didn't actually bother to read my reply. I'm not surprised.  People who spout annoying, passive aggressive phrases like your "love" comment (and then fail to understand that most leaks occur because people don't eat or act correctly post op OR that testing for leaks can cause bleeding) probably doesn't pay much attention what anyone else has to say.

I don't think my surgeon is "god" but you must think your is sub par.  What was his leak rate.  It must have been frightening!

Zee Starrlite
on 3/19/15 12:22 pm

Ahhhh, I really meant the love thing absolutely no intent to be "passive aggressive".  

Studies are probably different now. I hadn't heard then that leak checking could cause bleeding (My bad).  And I researched my butt off and delayed my surgery.  Mine was a simple barium swallow after surgery.

My surgeon Mitchell Roslin couldn't be better.  I knew him well for 6 years prior to my VSG.  He actually saved my life when I wasn't even his patient. 2005  was a different bariatric surgery world.  My heart is soft for him.  He is a truly amazing human being and one of the best bariatric surgeons out there.

Let's call it a truce.  I wish you nothing but the best.  I learned something new.  Thank you & Frisco for the lesson about " bleeds".  I just feel so lucky as leaks were my ultimate fear.

Best

Beth Of Fletchair
on 3/19/15 9:54 pm
with

I just don't think it's a good idea to pass your own irrational fears on others.  Especially when they are asking for advise and may not have surgery because of those fears.  But I suppose when you do it with "love" you can imagine it's acceptable.  You are the one that made a snide issue of my post and implying that my surgeon is an egomaniac.  After this I wouldn't trust any advise you have to give to anyone.

Now you can have your truce!

Zee Starrlite
on 3/20/15 12:33 am

You are ridiculous!  Irrational fears?  Who do you think you are talking to?  I've been on OH since 2004!  I am knowledgeable.  Who the hell do you think you are?  Block me and be done!  I'm no kid and I am no enemy of yours!  We don't synch so block me please.  I need not waste my precious energy. Get real, you probably have a good surgeon - I've got nothing against him and certainly did not call him an ego maniac.  I said man is man is all!

If you want to fight someone, it is not me.  I do lots of good in this world!

Please do not write me back.  I am done with you.

Beth Of Fletchair
on 3/20/15 2:58 am
with

You have the nerve to pounce on my post and then cry like a big baby when you are called on it?  Then spew out a little more snark and call a "truce"?  You are knowledgeable????  You are a joke!  Why don't you block me?  I don't need to avoid you.  You simply aren't that important to me.  That's coming from a place of love!

Luvmygs
on 3/20/15 12:36 am
VSG on 12/04/14

When I first went to talk to my surgeon, I had a list of questions and that was one of them. This type of question you want to address your surgeon, don't go on-line. I'm sure that she/he would be willing to discuss any last minute questions you have.

more2adore
on 3/18/15 12:38 pm
VSG on 03/28/15

VSG is a safer surgery with lower complication rates than the RNY. A little research can go a long way. :)

C J
on 3/18/15 12:42 pm - , TN

I am researching tons, and the support from this board has been incredible.  I just had such a horrible lap band experience that Im leaving no stone unturned.  I hope I don't wear y'all out asking questions.  I just need to know all possibilities bc the band nearly did me in.

Living > Existing

256/231/135

pineview01
on 3/18/15 3:11 pm - Davison, MI

The risk fro leaks in RNY are 3 X higher than the vsg.  The vsg just has the one line.  The RNY has more attachment and more areas to leak.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views