Sleeve and gallbladder removal.

JujuYama
on 7/3/14 5:19 pm

I had both the sleeve procedure and gallbladder removal at the same time. I had gall stones years ago so the doctor told me it was best just to remove the gallbladder while he was in there.  I have had absolutely no complications.

I took one week off from work and worked from home the second week. I was pretty tired every day and took a long nap most days. 

I hope your surgery gets scheduled soon! 

Surgery Date: 4/14/14    HW: 313   SW: 300   CW: 155    GW: 140

Selaine66
on 7/4/14 3:18 am
VSG on 07/21/14

Thank you for your reply. It sounds like people are tired more than hurting and needing rest....

Selaine66
on 7/4/14 3:19 am
VSG on 07/21/14

It looks like we have the same doctor!

annelinda59
on 7/3/14 11:10 pm
VSG on 06/03/14 with

I had VSG and my gallbladder removed 6/3/14, because my surgeon found a benign tumor on my gallbladder. I was in the hospital one night and felt pretty good once the anesthesia nausea went away. I took two weeks off work because that's what the doctor recommended.

5'6" SW 359

Selaine66
on 7/4/14 3:19 am
VSG on 07/21/14

Thank you thats good to hear!

JujuYama
on 7/4/14 3:29 am

Oh,  you're right!  We do have the same doctor.  Are you going to have the surgery at Good Samaritan?  All the nurses told me that if they were to get this procedure done they would have Dr. Zare do the surgery.  That made me feel really good. And all the nurses were awesome! 

Surgery Date: 4/14/14    HW: 313   SW: 300   CW: 155    GW: 140

Selaine66
on 7/5/14 7:25 am
VSG on 07/21/14

Yes I heard he's just an incredible doctor. I work in the medical field so I ran his name by some of my doctors I work with and after reading his resume they were very impressed. I'm having it done at El Camino Hospital when the time comes. I do go to his good Samaritan office however.... Maybe I'll run into you there one of these days...

KevinBacon
on 7/5/14 7:41 am
VSG on 03/10/14

I had both on 3/10/14 and I had a lot of complications from the GB surgery. I had a bile leak on day 2 and ended up having a second surgery that night to clean all the bile out and then they used a form of glue to stop the leaking. Then that ended up collapsing my bile ducts so I had two more procedures done where two stints were placed in my liver and my pancreas. My hospital stay was two weeks and it sucked but I am 100% now and feel so blessed and happy for my decision. The healing wasn't difficult. I am a huge advocate of pain management and not trying to go off medications early. I was comfortably numb for pretty much all the hard times (besides the initial leak). 

So to really just break it down, I would encourage you that many many many people have both done with NO complications, and I think it's a great alternative to having two separate surgeries. So just stay on top of your meds, and walk walk walk sip sip sip and you will be back to 100% before you know it. 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views