8 Month Update

LosingSarah
on 3/4/14 12:27 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

That's great about the treadmill. I want to start C25K training soon, but we just let our YMCA membership end. I've been working on a "let's get debt free" mission for a few months and it was one more of the "little" things we are letting go of until a good portion is gone. Student loan debt, yeah, the majority of ours, I totally get moving in with your parents. Very smart move if you can do it!

I am the opposite when it comes to sharing my surgery. I have told my closest family members, but a lot of people in my life I know would have a negative reaction to it. I personally do not handle negativity from these people well, so I can't go there even though I really do want to share.  Some people will just never understand this struggle.

Good luck in March!!

mollz007
on 3/4/14 12:31 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

You're doing a great job! And kudos to you for keeping your cool with the negative comment. I always enjoy seeing your posts. Sorry about the food poisoning... I'm glad you feel better!

check out my blog!

Sandy M.
on 3/4/14 9:39 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

You are doing such an excellent job Chrissy - keep pushing through!  

And I do have to say one thing about your friend's comment.  When people ask you "how did you do it", you're not being truthful by leading with WLS.  The truth is diet and exercise.  One of the reasons people think that WLS is the easy way out is because they think it's a magic bullet and no work involved.  You know the truth.

There's no shame in stating that you had the surgery, don't get me wrong.  I just add that as an afterthought "oh, and I had 85% of my stomach removed".  

Cheers to you!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Tracy D.
on 3/4/14 11:45 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

That treadmill was a real gift - nice dad! :-)   Glad you're feeling better, Chrissy...and you WILL get the carb monster off your back.  Here's to a great spring for all of us!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 124 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 356 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 403 views