Hey you, yes you!

Gabby46
on 3/28/13 3:53 pm

Thanks so much Martha. As you can see from the time i am posting this reply, i am not sleeping. I have to get up in about 2 and a half hours to be at the hospital at 6:30 am for 8:30 am surgery. admissions office called and pushed it back an hour. Nervous, excited and getting sleepy. Think i will finally lay this exhausted body down. I will try and get back on to the boards to report back as soon as i am able. :-)

Gabby46
on 3/27/13 11:57 pm

Thanks so much for your support and kind words Suzanne. It really means a lot to me. I know it's gonna be especially rough because i have no support at home after the surgery. I am caregiver to my 84 yr old mom and she will be in nursing home facility temporarily until i am able to have her home again and care for her.I don't have any family or friends to stop by to help out.  But, as i did with my gallbladder recovery in august for which i was alone too, i will get thru this one.  :-D

Suzanne B.
on 3/28/13 1:05 am - OR
On March 28, 2013 at 6:57 AM Pacific Time, Gabby46 wrote:

Thanks so much for your support and kind words Suzanne. It really means a lot to me. I know it's gonna be especially rough because i have no support at home after the surgery. I am caregiver to my 84 yr old mom and she will be in nursing home facility temporarily until i am able to have her home again and care for her.I don't have any family or friends to stop by to help out.  But, as i did with my gallbladder recovery in august for which i was alone too, i will get thru this one.  :-D

Hi Gabby,

You will be just fine when you get home. Where are you having your surgery? I went to Mexicali Mexico to have mine. When I flew back home my husband picked me up and I actually stopped and shopped for some shoes at a Factory Outlet on our way home. I drove the car 3 days later and did some grocery shopping. So I promise you, that you will do great without anyone there. When you feel tired, just take a nap and rest. I am always here if you need anything.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Gabby46
on 3/28/13 1:12 am

I am having my surgery at Hackensack University Medical Center in Hackensack, NJ. They have a wonderful team of bariatric surgeons there so i feel i am in good hands. Was just nervous because of the fact it was a rough time when i did the gallbladder recovery alone. But i know much more now than i did then and i am more prepared on how to cope alone. Bought a nice comfy recliner to sleep in if i cannot lie down in bed at first. Again. Thanks for the great encouragement. :-D

Suzanne B.
on 3/28/13 2:19 am - OR
On March 28, 2013 at 8:12 AM Pacific Time, Gabby46 wrote:

I am having my surgery at Hackensack University Medical Center in Hackensack, NJ. They have a wonderful team of bariatric surgeons there so i feel i am in good hands. Was just nervous because of the fact it was a rough time when i did the gallbladder recovery alone. But i know much more now than i did then and i am more prepared on how to cope alone. Bought a nice comfy recliner to sleep in if i cannot lie down in bed at first. Again. Thanks for the great encouragement. :-D

Awww the recliner is the perfect thing for you. I have lots of things I have written about the first few months, if you would like them, send me an E-mail to my personal email and I will send them to you. [email protected] They might be helpful to you.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
MarthaMyDear
on 3/29/13 10:26 am - PA
RNY on 04/09/13
I had my gallbladder the old fashioned way so that recovery was slow d/t cutting the muscles and "stuff". I am sure your recovery will be easier. Remember to get alot of rest.
akr9911
on 3/28/13 2:04 am
VSG on 06/20/13

Love this thread! Thank you. I look forward to being on the loser's bench with you!

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

Suzanne B.
on 3/28/13 2:17 am - OR
On March 28, 2013 at 9:04 AM Pacific Time, akr9911 wrote:

Love this thread! Thank you. I look forward to being on the loser's bench with you!

Hi,

We are excited for you to join us too. Nothing feels better than losing the weight and having someone call you skinny. The best part is because I am healthier now than I have been for 30 years. You will have all these things too.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views