catwoman7’s Posts

catwoman7
on 5/21/24 5:50 am, edited 5/20/24 11:01 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Mornin' All!

I'm going to go to water aerobics this morning since they're calling for off & on thunderstorms today. I have a meeting at 1:00 out at the nursing home where my client lives - just the regular quarterly update. Then off to the vet clinic so two of my cats who get prednisone can get their kenalog injections so that DH doesn't have to worry about medicating them while I'm on my trip. Other than that, I may start packing - or at least figuring out what clothes to take.

QOTD: I don't really listen to standup comics, but Charlie Behrens clips often show up in my FB feed. He's from small-town Wisconsin and does Midwest humor. Some of them are pretty funny

I have to really watch the food today and maybe even take half a phentermine tablet. The last two days have been pretty atrocious food-wise, and the weather hasn't been very cooperative, so no long bike rides to burn some of it off.

coffee with half & half

Greek yogurt with fruit

protein shake

hummus sandwich?

hummus & baby carrots or more Greek yogurt

not sure about dinner - maybe 1/2 a veggie burger and vegetables?

have a great day, everyone!

P.S. I do listen to Jimmy Kimmel monologues sometimes on YouTube. He's hilarious. Forgot about him..

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 5/19/24 6:04 am
Topic: RE: Good Sunday morning! What?s the plan for today?

Mornin' Weekenders!

another beautiful day here in Wisconsin, so I'll get out sometime and bike. I also need to plow through a book I won't have time to finish before my book discussion group meets tomorrow (I've been way too busy lately - and this meeting snuck up on me!), but I hope to get at least a good chunk of it done so it won't be obvious that I didn't finish! Food was terrible on Friday night (the party - I blew it, which I often do at these things), but great yesterday, so hopefully it'll balance things out a bit.

QOTD: two vet appts this week, then I'm off to Ohio on Thursday (and then headed to Vermont on Sunday - and back home on Thursday the 30th)

coffee with half & half

plain Greek yogurt with fruit

protein shake

shrimp and salad

hummus and baby carrots and/or more Greek yogurt

taco filling with diced tomato, plain Greek yogurt, and salsa

catwoman7
on 5/17/24 4:33 am
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Mornin' All!

before I forget, QJB, I started listening to "Beyond All Repair" yesterday and binged through six episodes. Love it! (although I love murder mysteries in general - the "Bear Brook" ones you recommended a year or two ago were also terrific!). I'll finish that up today. Otherwise, I plan on making rye bread today (the type we're more accustomed to - with caraway seed - not the Danish variety) and some strawberry white chocolate cookies (the latter being for a party we're going to tonight). It's supposed to be a nice day weather-wise, so I'll get out and bike for a couple of hours, too.

QOTD: nothing is coming to mind. Although most of the places I've lived haven't been big enough that I had to rely heavily on public transportation. We have bus service here (which I often use to get to and from classes), but they come pretty frequently - and if I had to, I could call Uber or a friend to get home - or even walk (although it would be a pretty long walk...)

I need to really watch my eating today due to the party tonight. I always have good intentions to be "good" at parties, but it doesn't always turn out that way...

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit

Loma Linda taco filling with diced tomatoes, plain Greek yogurt, and salsa

baby carrots with hummus

protein shake

"dinner" will be at the party. Usual self-imposed rules will be in effect (although I don't always follow them once I get there) - no store-bought desserts, load up at the fruit and vegetable trays, spend most of the evening with a drink in hand, chatting with people instead of hanging around the food tables...

catwoman7
on 5/16/24 4:37 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday Menu?

Mornin' All!

heavy rains predicted for later today, so I won't be biking. I may go to water aerobics or do something at home. I'm taking my mother to a dentist appt this afternoon. She used to have the driver at her senior living complex take her appts (or at least most of them), but she gets so confused now that it's probably better that I take her. Plus, with some of them, I now go in the room with her so I'm sure she's being honest with the doctor (and/or not forgetting to tell them things), but that shouldn't be an issue with the dentist. Plus there's no room in those tiny rooms for a "guest"...but I should be fine just hanging out in the waiting room.

The lawyer who now has all of her estate stuff (her original one passed away) recommended new Power of Attorney documents, because on the existing one, she has to be declared incapacitated by two physicians before it can be activated. First of all, that sounds like a PITA, and for another, he said a lot of physicians won't declare the person incapacitated until they get to the point that they're not recognizing family members. With my dad, that really didn't occur until around three or so months before he died. But there was a year or two before that that there was pretty much no way he could have handled his own affairs (luckily, his wife could - but there's no spouse in my mom's case). That would mean my brother and I might have had our hands tied behind our backs because there may be situations where someone needs to step in, but legally, we might not be able to. So the attorney is drawing up a new document where technically, the POA will be immediately activated, but we would just step in when my mother is unable to do so. I explained it to her yesterday about three times, and she finally said she was OK with that - but she'll have to go in and sign the paperwork. The lawyer said to bring her in on a day when she's lucid - but than can change from hour to hour. I asked him to leave it at the front desk so it's ready for her to sign whenever we drop in - because making an appt for us to go in would be nuts. We probably would have to reschedule it a few times to have it coincide with when she's thinking straight. Anyway, I hope this works out. When we added me to her bank accounts a few months ago, she told the guy "I'm not sure what we're doing here", even though she understood it and agreed to it before we went in. I don't think that kind of comment is going to fly in the lawyer's office. I can see us potentially having to go back two or three times before she signs it. Ugh. Anyway, at least it's in the works.

QOTD: I watched "Found" the other night on Netflix and loved it. I'd never heard of this film, but it was highly recommended to me by Netflix, based on my other choices. I also watched "Baby Reindeer" (Netflix) a couple of weeks ago and really liked it, even though it's pretty disturbing.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with berries

protein shake

sushi (?)

hummus with baby carrots

probably should have the roasted vegetables with peanut sauce that I've been planning on having for the last couple of nights, but ended up eating something else

catwoman7
on 5/15/24 7:01 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Mornin' All!

it should be perfect bike-riding weather today (70-ish, no wind, no rain). I want to head out as soon as possible since a package is going to be delivered sometime today, but I need to wait an hour or two since it's still a *****illy out there. Although I suppose I could wear a sweatshirt and take a backpack along to stuff it into once it warms up. Not too much else going on here today other than I want to finish cleaning the master bedroom and bathroom.

QOTD: citrus flavors in general are fine. One flavor that I absolutely despise is fake banana.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit, rye crumpet with butter and cloudberry preserves

protein shake

the last piece of cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with strawberries

hummus and baby carrots and/or Ratio lime yogurt with raspberries

roasted veggies with peanut sauce. Another protein if needed

have great day, everyone!

catwoman7
on 5/14/24 5:37 am

Mornin' All -

all I have is a vet appt in about an hour to see if our bed-wetting cat is OK. It was a one-time thing (middle of the night - I mentioned this yesterday), but it can still be indicative of a medical issue - like diabetes or thyroid issue - but we'll see. I'm hoping it might be something simple like a UTI. I finished one of my classes last night. Not sure if I'll finish the other one or not (the second one is an in-person class and I missed several classes for various reasons (I wasn't all that interested in the class anyway) - but I planned to at least finish the readings). Nothing else on the docket for today, although as usual, I need to get some exercise. Feeling very bloated again this morning. Not sure what's up with this.

QOTD: currently we have a chimney replacement and garage door replacement in the works (have made deposits on them - work will occur sometime in June). I'd also like to get an inner staircase refinished. We also need to replace a couple of windows, but I haven't gotten anything going on those yet.

coffee with half & half

cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with fruit sauce

protein shake

baby carrots with hummus

dinner TBA

catwoman7
on 5/14/24 5:30 am

we replaced our in-need-of-major-repair deck with a screened porch about five years ago and are so happy we did it. We opted for storm windows (making it a three-season) and are really glad we did that. Not only does it extend our use of it by a month or so (longer if we use a room heater), but we don't have to schlep furniture/rug in and out if there's a heavy storm.

catwoman7
on 5/13/24 6:43 am, edited 5/13/24 12:54 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu?

Mornin' All!

this site is having issues again this morning - ugh. At least I finally got on and can post!

I'm feeling horribly bloated this morning. I ate too much yesterday between a pastry in the morning and the Mom dinner last night (well, the dessert part of it anyway), but not enough to feel this way. I'm betting on water retention. I had a leftover chicken Tinga taco for lunch and then a poke bowl for dinner - that's a lotta sodium. I'll just drink a lot of water today and hope I'm feeling better by tomorrow. I'll try to get some exercise, too - even if it's just "riding" one of the stationary bikes at the gym.

one of our cats urinated all over the bed in one of the guest rooms last night. She's never done this before, and I read it's often due to a medical issue. She's got an appt first thing tomorrow morning. I hope it's a medical issue (i.e., a treatable one) and not some new behavior. Otherwise, this is going to be a huge problem.

not much going on today other than heading back over to my mother's this afternoon to be there when an occupational therapist is doing a safety assessment of her apartment. My mother is likely to forget half the things the OT says, so I figure I'd better be there.

QOTD: I don't think so - or at least nothing is coming to mind

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit

leftover poke (there isn't much left, so hopefully not as much sodium intake as yesterday!)

hummus and baby carrots

roasted vegetables with peanut sauce

probably a protein shake somewhere in there

catwoman7
on 5/12/24 6:27 am, edited 5/11/24 11:27 pm
Topic: RE: What?s on your Mother?s Day menu?

Mornin' All! And happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

we weren't planning on doing much today other than going over to my mother's apartment for dinner (I'm thinking of bringing a couple of poke bowls), but it's so nice out today that I might just have to get out and walk or bike (again!). I ate too much yesterday - stopped for ice cream midway through our bike ride and then went out for street tacos for dinner since I was too exhausted to make anything - but we biked almost 30 miles, so I'm not going to worry about it. I'm sure I worked off most - if not all - of it. I was originally thinking of making a Swedish midsummer cake today to take to Mom's, too - but I may just bring the poke bowls (take out) since I don't want to come home with 3/4 of a cake.

QOTD: not much. Tomorrow I'll go over to Mom's while an occupational therapist is there doing a safety assessment of her apt, since my mother will forget half of what the OT recommends. Then I have to take her to a dentist appt on Thursday. Wine & cheese party on Friday night, so I'll have to make something for that. I spotted a recipe for white chocolate and (freeze-dried) strawberry cookies - I might make those. I was originally thinking ginger snaps, but I can't get those strawberry ones out of my mind. Plus they seem more of a spring thing.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit

leftover street ta****hicken Tinga)

hummus and carrots

poke

catwoman7
on 5/11/24 4:46 am
Topic: RE: Good Saturday morning! What?s your plan for today?

Mornin' All!

looks like it'll be a nice day today. Wind speed will be a bit high, but still under 15 mph, so it should be OK for biking. I like to bike when I can for exercise since I'm out for 2-3 hours, and it torches a ton of calories. My eating has been great lately, so I'm hoping the scale is going to be kind for my weekly weigh-in (on Wednesday).

I was hoping to see the northern lights last night, but it was really overcast here, so a no-go. I've enjoyed seeing everyone's photos on FB, though - especially from my (distant) cousins in Scotland and Scandinavia.

QOTD: well, I consider both of these work (since I'm retired), but most people wouldn't - this would be finishing up my classes and cleaning the master bedroom and bathroom so the cat sitter won't have a heart attack when she's here at the end of the month. I could probably get it all done in a couple of days if I put my mind to it, but a little at a time is more palatable.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit

protein shake

cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with strawberries

hummus and baby carrots

dinner TBA

catwoman7
on 5/10/24 5:35 am

Mornin' All!

One of my film groups meets over lunch today. I couldn't get into the film at all, so I qui****ching it when I was about 2/3 through. I didn't want to waste any more of my life on it. Luckily, this group has been together for YEARS and they're all good friends, so unless a film is really standout and the topic elicits a lot of discussion, they usually only discuss it for like 5-10 minutes before moving on to other conversation topics (politics, recent vacations, whatever's going on in their lives, etc). So they probably won't notice that I never finished watching the film. Whew. It's supposed to be clear most of today (although chance of rain this evening), so I'll either bike this morning or else bike over to the meeting at noon.

QOTD: I haven't intentionally eat ground beef in at least 20 years, so it's Impossible Burger or Beyond Burger for me. And it has to have "stuff" on it, such as a tomato slice. Also, it needs to be grilled. I ordered one a week or two ago at some other lunch meeting, and I think they microwaved the thing. Not great. Grilling them is much better - they actually taste like real burgers that way.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit

protein shake

the soup and salad combo at the restaurant (I'll get the minestrone and Caesar salad as my choices)

Greek yogurt with (more) fruit or else baby carrots with hummus

the roasted veggies with peanut sauce I've been intending to make for dinner this week but still haven't

as for yesterday's QOTD about steps, I'm the same as Jen - I only worry about them if I'm not doing some other kind of exercise that day. On those days, I aim for 10K (and usually make it..)

catwoman7
on 5/10/24 5:25 am

I honestly think it takes a good six months to get really comfortable in a new job. Before that, you don't have enough knowledge of the place to do some of the things you need to do, and also, you don't have enough "back burner" projects to work on during down times. It's frustrating - but...it'll come in time!

catwoman7
on 5/8/24 7:36 am

Mornin' All!

well yesterday they were forecasting rain off & on today, but now they're not - although it rained like crazy last night. I'll go out and bike as long as it's not too humid - and avoid gravel trails since they're probably muddy at the moment.

I have a meeting at 1:00 with one of the development people at the university. Their foundation is one of our two trust beneficiaries (since we don't have kids), and I emailed them the other day asking if I just need to fill out a new form to change some of our percentages (i.e, what percentage of our "gift" goes to what departments or units). He never answered my question and suggested we meet over coffee today. He's a real hard seller, so I'm hoping he's not going to try talking me into donating some huge amount of $$ to some current project (which he's done before). I don't mind giving smaller sums here and there, but I'd rather wait until I'm in my 70s to donate large amounts, since who knows what might happen down the road. We'd like to really beef up our international traveling while we can still do it (although at this point we need to wait until my mother is in assisted living), and we'd like to get into a really nice continuous care community at some point (again, since we're child-free). He's called me a couple of times in the past asking if we'll donate something like $10K to some new building project. Ah ...no. Not now. Anyway, at least I'm able to say no. But I've come to dread these meetings. I wish he'd have just answered my damn question.

QOTD: Like a few others, I also hate managing people and moving, but I think the one thing I'm good at that I never want to do again is tech support over the phone. It is SO stressful, especially when you have someone on the other end who has no clue what they're doing and doesn't understand what you're asking them to. How many ways can you explain it? There were times I finally said "can I speak to your tech support person?" - and they'd invariably answer, "I AM the tech support person". UGH!!!!(these were all at schools or public libraries, btw...usually someone like an assistant principal was assigned the role of tech support person, even if they had no clue what they were doing)

coffee with half & half

Ratio yogurt with strawberries

protein shake

baby carrots with hummus

Loma Linda taco filling with diced tomato, a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, and salsa

catwoman7
on 5/8/24 7:17 am, edited 5/8/24 12:18 am

This just reminded me of something I'd forgotten about - how (some) people look into your cart when you're grocery shopping while obese. No one ever looks in my cart any more.

EDITED to add - or eating in public. I used to try to avoid eating in public (like walking around with an ice cream cone) since some people stare. They no longer do.

catwoman7
on 5/7/24 10:16 am, edited 5/7/24 3:21 am

G'afternoon, everyone!

I had to take one of the cats to the vet this morning (just his annual physical), and then I got absorbed in the updates re: the Trump trial. So here I am - finally. I'll be taking my mother to the doctor's this afternoon for HER annual exam. I think I'd better go in the room with her because I've discovered the couple of times I've gone in with her that she's not always truthful when she's in there. She likes to paint a rosy picture - and things aren't always rosy with her. Fear, I guess. Plus with her dementia, she may forget things.

QOTD: with my bad hip joint, I doubt it - but I'll try later and report back

coffee with half & half

plain Greek yogurt with 1/2 C mixed fruit

crumpet with butter and jam

protein shake

popcorn

(yikes - I need to get some exercise or I'm at risk of going over my limit!!) (well, I might go over it regardless - but I feel better about going a bit over when I've burned up a bunch of calories exercising. Too bad it's raining because I can't bike. I usually go for 2 or 3 hours and burn up a truckload of calories - so if I'm over by 100 or so, it doesn't really matter)

not sure what else today. Maybe Loma Linda Taco filling with diced tomato and a dollop of plain Greek yogurt - or else roasted vegetables with peanut sauce

have a great day!!

catwoman7
on 5/7/24 10:06 am

I don't think I could do that, but this just reminded me that I used to stand on one foot - and then the other - while brushing my teeth. I've started doing squats again while brushing - followed by a few calf raises - but I'd totally forgotten about the balancing one! I'll do that, too. (although I only brush for two minutes, so I have to do some of these during the morning brushing, and the rest during the night brushing..)

catwoman7
on 5/6/24 10:46 am

I've lost a couple of friends to glioblastoma (an aggressive form of brain cancer). That's a tough one.

catwoman7
on 5/6/24 6:16 am

Mornin' All!

One of my film groups meets this morning, and I need to work on this house. I'm leaving for Cleveland - and then from there I'm headed to Vermont - on May 23, so I have a little over two weeks to get this house in order so the cat sitter doesn't have a heart attack when she walks in (DH will be here - but I'm still not wanting to scare the cat sitter (she'll be helping him with meds - three of the cats take meds, and DH can't do it by himself). I'm going to bike over to the meeting since it's a beautiful day again today. The last three days I've biked 22, 14, and 21 miles, respectively - and burned a boatload of calories (and I did NOT eat them back). This ride and back won't be nearly as long - maybe 10 miles round trip, but it'll still give me a nice deficit to start the day. If I can stay awake long enough (didn't sleep well last night), I may take another ride later this afternoon.

QOTD: two things pop into mind. One is the ability to keep my weight between 140-160 lbs without having to watch every freaking calorie. The other is keeping my house clean and organized all the time.

coffee with half & half

plain Greek yogurt with 1/2 C fruit salad (no dressing on it - just chopped fruit)

rye crumpet with butter and fig jam

protein shake

cheesecake-flavored. yogurt pie

Ratio yogurt or baby carrots with hummus

bagged salad and some kind of protein

catwoman7
on 5/5/24 3:34 pm
Topic: RE: Sunday-funday! What's on your menu today?

Hi All -

I've gone biking three days in a row - 23 miles, 14 miles, and 22 miles, so I'm feeling pretty great at the moment. Didn't do much else today, although I need to put in my hour of Swedish death cleaning, since I never got around to it yesterday.

QOTD: I'd love to lose 20 lbs, but I've been saying that for over a year. I usually lose about five in the summer without really trying because I eat lighter foods, spend time outside, and do a lot of biking, but I really could stand to lose that 20. I look my best when I'm at about 150 lbs. If I could even get back down to 160, though, I'd be happy. I think my biggest problem is that I have a very active social life that usually revolves around food (parties, wine tastings, meeting friends for lunch, etc). I try to space these events out if possible - but it's not always possible. Back when I was losing weight I had tremendous resolve and was usually able to navigate these successfully, but more often than not, I blow it most of the time now. But I need to try. I know I can do it because I've done it.

coffee with half & half

chocolate "mousse" with raspberries

1/2 a breakfast sandwich and two forkfuls of cheesy hash browns, about 1/2 C of yogurt parfait

protein shake

might have Loma Linda taco filling topped with plain Greek yogurt, diced tomato, and salsa since it's Cinco de Mayo (we had lunch out (see above - breakfast sandwich et al (we split everything)), so we don't need to go out again)

have a great evening, everyone!

catwoman7
on 5/5/24 3:19 pm
Topic: RE: Sunday-funday! What's on your menu today?

LOL - that pretty much sums up a huge chunk of my life!

catwoman7
on 5/4/24 12:56 pm
Topic: RE: What?s on your Saturday menu?

I'm OK at that one. Connections can sometimes be hard for me, though. Different areas of the brain, evidently.

catwoman7
on 5/4/24 6:51 am

Mornin Weekenders!

well I'm glad I took a long bike ride yesterday (23 miles), because we went to the event at the culinary school last night. From my calculation, I inhaled about 900 calories (the desserts were especially caloric). Thank God for my small stomach, or I would have eaten even more. Gag. Thankfully, given the ride, I probably worked off most of that beforehand. But today it's back to it.

It's great out now, but they're calling for rain off & on later, so I probably won't get a bike ride in. I'll figure out something. I have to stop by my mother's sometime today, but other than that, nothing on the docket. I'll motivate myself to put in at least another hour of cleaning/purging/organizing, too. It's amazing how much you can get done in an hour.

QOTD: I can't think of any one thing, but I always look forward to doing my online puzzles in the morning (crossword, Connections, Strands, Wordle, Waffle, Globle, etc)

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit compote

protein shake

Ratio yogurt or baby carrots with hummus

bagged salad, some kind of protein

catwoman7
on 5/4/24 6:43 am

I haven't had cable in about 30 years, but yea - there is TON on over-the-air TV now. I think it happened when they switched from analog to digital (and we had to pick up a couple of digital converters, since all of our TVs at the time were ancient). So much of what's on cable is of no interest to me that it's really no different NOT having it, other than I do like CNN, so there's that. But only that (at least for me). Other than that, I'm perfectly content not having it with all that's now available over the air.

catwoman7
on 5/3/24 2:22 pm

that is pretty weird since you're only two hours away (well, 2h 10m as long as there's no traffic...). We usually have the same weather (other than it's often about five degrees warmer there)

catwoman7
on 5/3/24 7:04 am

Mornin' All!

took a big load of stuff to St. Vinny's yesterday - a huge load of clothes and some kitchen stuff of my MIL's that we'll never use, but also this little end table (or plant stand? Not sure) that belonged to my grandmother. I felt bad taking that, but it's not my "thing" at all, and it would have just sat in our basement for another 20 years. Maybe someone will fall in love with it, buy it, and actually enjoy it for the next 20 years.

I watched the first four episodes of "Baby Reindeer" last night - wow - terrific! I'll watch the rest tonight.

It's an absolutely spectacular day out today - 70ish, no rain, and very little wind, so I'll be out on my bike. I think I'll try one of my longer rides this time. I've been doing 10-15 mile rides to "warm up" for the season. These are 22- and 27-mile rides, respectively. Not sure I'm quite ready yet, but with a couple of substantial stops, I think I can do it. This evening we'll be going to a fundraiser for the culinary arts dept at the community/technical college in town. It's supposed to feature lots of appetizers and "mocktails". At least the long bike ride should burn up a lot of calories beforehand!

QOTD: Probably a 2. I saw the original when it first came out (I was in high school). I think I may have seen the 2nd, but I can't remember. I liked it at the time, but I have no desire to see that one again - or any subsequent ones.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with cranberry compote and 2 T granola

I'll probably take a protein shake on my bike ride (in my usual water bottle, since I'll need some kind of fluid *anyway*). And probably a protein bar as well since I'm counting on 2-3 hours for the ride

I'll have a L&F yogurt with a T of tahini mixed in or else a handful of pistachios this afternoon to really fill me up before we head over to the culinary arts thing (in hopes that I won't overdo it at the event. Sometimes works...)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 316 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 295 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 251 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 321 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 148 views