What's on your Tuesday Menu?

catwoman7
on 4/3/24 5:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

thanks for the reminder - I'd forgotten about this dish! I don't have any ginger - and it's too snowy to go out and get any, but maybe I can make it without the ginger (although I'm sure it's better with..). I do have a bunch of vegetables in my fridge I need to do something with, so...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 4/2/24 7:20 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I was seriously unhappy about Connections yesterday! And to add to my unhappiness, two of my squares were completely blan****pt refreshing it and no help. So I did not solve the puzzle yesterday. Then my husband showed me his and he had emojis in all the spaces! WTH? Arggghhhh! LOL.

Grim_Traveller
on 4/2/24 8:28 am
RNY on 08/21/12

We've got four days of torrential rain coming. Thanks Emily.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Amy Liz
on 4/2/24 5:13 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Paychecks are very nice indeed. Happy to hear you are planning good things!! Yesterday was a slight blur. Super busy and got home later than usual after running far more errands than planned. The night was just over in minutes it seemed then it was bedtime. I slept hard and even in, a bit longer than usual. I did not get up and get on the treadmill. I need to zip my lip about intentions and only report when I follow through. I will figure it out. Today will be more of the same honestly - TCB. I have a meeting with IT today about a project this morning, then a Division meeting and Wellness presentation this afternoon. I'll only have time to blink here and there.

QOTD - I can totally picture old timers telling people that story! I have nothing.

Accountability - Instead of chicken with some air fries for dinner, I had a double portion of air fries and a glass of wine. Sometimes what I want is exactly what I need. 183.6 today

B- coffee, 1/2 protein bagel, light cream cheese, EBB, sliced tomato

l - real good burrito

d- Quesoberria tacos on 25 cal corn tortillas and thin cheddar slice, onions and cilantro

S- cucumbers and ranch seasoning, string cheese

831/76

Have a great taco day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

catwoman7
on 4/2/24 5:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I decided to schedule tours of the two assisted living places my mom toured and liked (we did this a couple of years ago) so my sister can see them. I'm hoping it'll make her more receptive to the idea of moving Mom to one if we need to do that in the near future. Meanwhile, I've set up home health aides to spend an hour with Mom every morning after my sister goes back home at the end of this week. I'll pop over there most evenings, but probably just for a few minutes. My mother is really upset about this and doesn't understand why she needs "helpers", and doesn't know what she'll have them do. So I'll make a list of things she can have them do - even if it's jus****ching TV with her or walking the halls of her apartment building with her (which my mom often does for exercise). She evidently thinks she has to have cleaning projects for them or something - but no. They are there mostly for safety and companionship (although they WILL clean things if that's what you want them to do). My MIL had the same issues with home health aides when we first hired them. She thought she had to "host" them and/or keep them busy cleaning. Nope. Hopefully my mother will get used to the idea, too. I'm giving her until June to see if she improves. If not, we'll be looking at assisted living placements. I'm dreading this because she's going to REALLY fight it. But if she stays like she is now, I don't think she's going to be able live by herself much longer.

QOTD: nope. A lot of people were posting about the snow they're predicting for later on today and saying that unfortunately, this was not an April Fools joke. Hopefully the snow isn't going to stick around long

good accountability day yesterday! Hoping for a repeat today.

coffee with half & half

protein waffle topped with plain skyr and fruit

protein shake?

going out with my sister between assisted living visits. I'll suggest one of the authentic taquerias - a street taco isn't bad calorie-wise

eggplant kuku

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 4/2/24 5:36 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

This commercial is pretty cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X9lEHz3xaE

I guess Xfinity reached out to 100 or so people named Caitlin Clark over LinkedIn and asked them if they wanted to appear in a commercial. The winner was the woman in the news story that I linked. She is a 5 foot 2 city planner from Scottsdale and once played in a recreational indoor soccer league until she broke her toe and retired. My favorite part is when she is out at the logos and says "Wait, she shoots from here??" And the actual Caitlin Clark says "Yeah, that's kind of my thing."

Great game last night. Definitely a game of runs - Iowa dominated the first quarter and then LSU took it to them in the second quarter. But Angel Reese sprained her ankle at the beginning of the third quarter and Iowa pulled ahead for good. Caitlin Clark was sinking three pointers from every bit as far City Planner Caitlin was asking about. I have to admit that the end of the game lasted forever after moving at such a great pace for most of the game.

We watched the UConn/USC game as well, but it wasn't as good.

Marilyn was able to solve the murder case puzzle while I was at work. She really seemed to love the whole puzzle and master combination. I bought her a magnifying glass on Saturday, hopefully that was useful. Today we are going to finish the savory scones and Marilyn bought blueberries since we have leftover buttermilk. Hooray for new scones!

This morning, I'm going to head out for calcium chews. I'm not ready to give them up. After that I have a number of phone calls and then Crossfit at 3:30.

QOTD: I've got nothing. Marilyn did ask me about Wordle being pictures, I will have to let her know that was an April Fool's joke.

Breakfast: Last of the savory scones

Lunch: steak

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Lisa91941
on 4/2/24 7:24 am
RNY on 10/29/19

See, it's the leftover buttermilk (or whatever) that gets me every time! We had made cornbread with buttermilk and so I was thrilled when I found a recipe for scones that would use it up! It's like I'm forced to eat carbs because of the starving kids in China (no offense to anyone, that's just why my Mom made me clean my plate at every meal).

Emiepie
on 4/2/24 5:54 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Yay for good meetings, dr appts and travel. I have a few meetings, working through some reports and hopefully someone coming in for an interview today so a pretty typical day.

QOTD: I only saw a few on FB, pickle cookies and things like that.

TSS: 9 years 7 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Grilled turkey burger, keto bun, Spicy Mexican cauliflower rice, banana, and dark chocolate

ES: yogurt and toast

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1436 Protein:116 Carbs:147 Fat:54

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 4/2/24 6:01 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I don't know if the pickle cookies were a joke, pickle is the new bacon, it seems. Pickle everything seems to be the trend. One of the specialty popcorns I buy advertised deviled egg popcorn yesterday which I knew had to be a joke...but they have pickle monster popcorn regularly, lol

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 4/2/24 6:56 am, edited 4/1/24 11:58 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Here in Heinz country, we have this festival Picklesburgh and pickle cookie, ice-cream, and anything else you can pickle is real. It is always the weekend of our family reunion, so I only been to it 1x. But if anyone wants to visit plan for this weekend so we can go to the festival together.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 297 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views