PAIN ON LEFT SIDE!

sleeved524
on 2/24/20 7:30 pm
RNY on 01/30/20 with

Hi Juliana,

No NSAIDS i got that, i lived on nsaids because of my back problems motrin aleve advil hmmmm now that your talking steroids , i go for steroid injections every 3 months in my lower back... and rfa (radio frequency abulation every 6 months... i have to ask my doc when i go to my next follow up if i can still get that?

I love this site.. i learn something new everyday every moment ....

im only taking liquid tylenol now and flexoril (muscle relaxer) to fall asleep and for my back... i only take it at bed time...

percocet makes me sick literally (nausea or throwing up)

i need a little pad to write all these things i learn so i can ask my doc or remind myself....

Thank you...

JulianaBella
on 2/25/20 2:36 pm

Hi Sleeved,

One thing I wanted to mention, since you brought up that you are getting steroid injections for your back. An anesthesiologist told me that my body could not tolerate steroids of any kind. I had been getting what I think was termed facet steroid injections in my back for a short time and the anesthesiologist told me I could no longer have steroids of ANY kind, via ANY method, after I had the blood loss anemia last June. However, I don't think using a topical steroid cream, like hydrocortisone, would be problematic. And I've been on Prednisone eye drops for nearly 3 months without any issues so it seems that this kind of steroid is OK so far.

JulianaBella        
Willie H.
on 2/25/20 12:31 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

It's gonna take about 3 weeks -it is painful but it will pass. It's like a painful, tugging, pulling pain! I was surprised when it happened to me because I did not know in advance that it would occur. Good thing you have this forum to ease your mind, I thought something went wrong with my surgery and I was in panic mode!!! So I called my surgeon and he told me it was normal and he recommended this forum to me. I never took anything for the pain, once I knew it was harmless I consider the pain my badge of honor, and "shrinking pains" (as opposed to "growing pains"), but I understand why others would! It was painful!! I think afterward it started to itch and then I knew it was healing-they say it's the cut muscle/tissue I guess?

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

sleeved524
on 2/25/20 1:24 pm
RNY on 01/30/20 with

yes Willie H.

although my doc said same thing up to 6 weeks after , im already feeling better...i take the cough test...and last night i was able to sleep on the side for a while...not the whole night but for a while..haven t been able to do that since Jan 30, 2020....

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 68 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 68 views