Any tried and true facial tightening cream?

dmar
on 1/13/16 9:00 pm
RNY on 05/10/13

Time will help.  You can use a moisturizer because it helps your skin to stay healthy but I don't think it will help with the sag. It does tighten up some after a while.

crazy4birds
on 1/13/16 9:45 pm
RNY on 12/02/14

I heard that prep H shrinks things but not sure I would use it on my face.

Grim_Traveller
on 1/14/16 4:24 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm absolutely sure I wouldn't.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

rocky513
on 1/14/16 6:19 am - WI

Yeah, but then you risk looking like an ********orry ... I couldn't help myself.  

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

crazy4birds
on 1/14/16 11:04 am, edited 1/14/16 3:24 am
RNY on 12/02/14

Your face kinda gets a puckered look to it.  For those seriously considering this..it was my dry British humor  attempt at a joke...sorry

catwoman7
on 1/14/16 6:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I had to laugh at this because for the last month or so, I've been given "senior discounts" when I haven't even asked for one.  I am a senior (at least at most places), but I've always looked really young for my age, so few people would have guessed.  I've certainly never been given a senior discount before unless I've asked for one.  But not anymore....   I'm sure it's got to be the changes in my face.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

robinreinhardt
on 1/14/16 11:00 am

Omg I feel your pain. I am having the same issue since loosing so much weight. I have always used vaseline since high school because I was a sun worshiper. Still use it to this day. I know that a little loose skin is way better than being morbidly obese like I was.

Robin

Tracy D.
on 1/14/16 12:16 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Your face/neck is the first place you notice weight loss (and so will everyone else) and it's the last place to fill back in after you've been in maintenance for awhile.  

I went to a well-known facial plastic surgeon a year ago because I was so unhappy with my face.  He explained to me that the "bags" under our eyes are actually little fat pads and they become more prominent when we lose weight and get older because we lose the rest of the volume in our face.  I never noticed these at all until I lost weight! 

The saggy turkey neck also comes about from weight loss and/or age.  The muscles of the neck tend to stretch out and become loose over time.  This is made worse if you've gained and lost weight a number of times.  The skin actually separates from the underlying tissue too as we age and all the face exercises in the world aren't going to reattach it.  

Anyway, he told me to be patient and wait to see how things looked in a year or so.  He was right!  Things are better - not great (because I'm 54 now) but I don't look as awful as I did a year ago.  I don't look gaunt and my neck is better.  Not great, but a little better.

No lotion or cream is going to make a big difference.  The best thing you can do for your skin is get enough sleep, use sunscreen religiously and use a good moisturizer in the morning and at night.  But it doesn't have to be expensive.  

Oh, and that Nerium stuff = rip-off!!!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

kdalpha
on 1/17/16 4:22 pm - Wrightsville Beach, NC

Rocky said it right. When you are going through the weight loss stage, you will look different every month. I am 8 yrs out and finally figured out I think Im going to look like this forever now! HAHA! Use a normal, inexpensive moisturizer in the process b/c your vitamins and food deficiencies will cause dry skin. I just had botox and juviderm done to fill in the sags where I lost weight. It was about $400 and lasted 6 months but I look like a million bucks. Save your $$ until your done with your weight loss.  They can even add injectables to pull up your saggy skin under chin. I go to a nurse who does it. God luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 169 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 262 views