Do you reward yourself for hitting certain weight loss goals?

killinmesmalls77
on 1/11/16 11:23 am - MN
RNY on 05/07/15

No I don't reward myself when I hit specific goals, but I have developed a love for shopping and will pop out for new clothes when I can find killer deals. My new favorite store right now is Forever 21 and last Sunday I loaded up on leggings for $3.90 each, two pairs of jeans for $7.90 each, and a cami for $1.90. And I love shoes and have managed to secure 5 new pair since November. 

A couple of years ago, I asked my husband if he would take me on a cruise if I lost 100 pounds. He said yes, that he would. Flash forward to present day. I happened to remember that he agreed to this and reminded him of it last week. His response was that he didn't envision me losing the 100 pounds with surgery when he agreed to it. I played the "you didn't specify" card, but that didn't go anywhere. I'm going to keep working him though, maybe I'll ask him if he'll take me if I hit my goal weight and stay there for a while. 

My thought is whatever works and motivates people, they should do it (well, maybe not the hookers). If rewards are working for you, keep it up. 

HW: 276 SW: 254.1 GW: 125 CW: 154.5

peachpie
on 1/11/16 12:21 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

My 1/2 way to goal reward was a new handbag and wallet. My 100# lost reward was getting skin tags removed from my face and a facial. 

I don't consider clothes as reward, to me that's a necessity. I may splurge a little bit more on an item every now and again, but my rule through this weight loss phase is to spend no more than $20 on any article of clothing.

I have two more goals to meet, not sure what rewards at the moment. (I hate massages!!)

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Sweebra
on 1/11/16 5:54 pm

I actually just use the loseit app and collect badges. It's so silly but satisfying to me to watch the graph have a downward trajectory and to be awarded virtual badges. It's not much of a reward but I sure do look forward to that notification "Goal Reached!"

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 54 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views