Another NSV

Thomas H.
on 11/24/15 10:47 am - Saint Petersburg, FL

It's finally cooling off down here in Florida, it got down to 57 last night (I know, don't hate me northern folks) which is chilly to me. I put on my 'winter' jacket for the first time since last year and it was like putting on my Dad's coat when I was a kid. it just hung off me like a tent, it was a weird but happy feeling. I could barely button it last year, now it overlaps by about a foot. 

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." - Alexis Carrel

jazzycatz
on 11/24/15 11:22 am - Joppa, MD

Cool right?? I live in MD so you need a good winter coat. I remember the struggle to find one in my size that didn't cost a fortune. Never really having a "dress coat" ( I was born in the south so it surprised me to that it is actually a thing) or a mid/light weight jacket.

Now I have a bit of a coat "thing". I have a dress coat, a casual coat, a rain coat, a coat for snowy weather, a couple of jackets...LOL.

I loved getting rid of my huge fat coat.

Congratulations! (And thankfully you will only need 1 new coat living down there)

fluffyfrog
on 11/24/15 12:55 pm - FL
RNY on 12/15/15

Thomas I live about 4hrs north of you! It was 43 this morning when I left for work! It felt GREAT!!!! So happy for your NSV. I can't wait until I can say the same type of things!

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/15 2:27 pm

Congratulations. Keep up the great work. 

Emiepie
on 11/24/15 3:19 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Your hard work paying off in the best way!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/24/15 4:41 pm

Fantastic!!!

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

RLynnLopez
on 11/24/15 7:16 pm

Still new, so still learning - what does NSV mean if you don't mind my asking? (i'm guessing it has to do with something to be grateful for)...

**I'm looking forward to skinny dipping, cause I'm so tired of chunky dunking**

**You can't really appreciate the love you have for others, until you learn to love yourself**

The Salty Hag
on 11/25/15 4:45 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Non-scale victory. They're added bonuses of weight loss surgery besides the scale showing a smaller number. For example: our winter coats being too big, being able to cross our legs, or flying on a plane comfortably. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

The Salty Hag
on 11/25/15 4:48 am
RNY on 05/20/13
On November 24, 2015 at 6:47 PM Pacific Time, Thomas H. wrote:

It's finally cooling off down here in Florida, it got down to 57 last night (I know, don't hate me northern folks) which is chilly to me. I put on my 'winter' jacket for the first time since last year and it was like putting on my Dad's coat when I was a kid. it just hung off me like a tent, it was a weird but happy feeling. I could barely button it last year, now it overlaps by about a foot. 

Yay!! 

I grew up in south Texas-on the coast-so I know exactly what you mean as far as 57 feeling chilly. We pulled out our "parkas", gloves, and hats at 55!! 

My mother and I always joked about our "12 Days of Winter" when I still lived in my hometown. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Thomas H.
on 11/25/15 5:50 pm - Saint Petersburg, FL

LMAO! :) 

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." - Alexis Carrel

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 467 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 288 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 323 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
Recent Topics