Judgy McJudgerpants

Grim_Traveller
on 11/25/15 5:30 am
RNY on 08/21/12

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/15 4:22 pm
RNY on 05/04/15
On November 21, 2015 at 12:28 AM Pacific Time, Eggface wrote:

I personally got some post-op plastics done because the weight of the excess skin (belly & boobs) pulled on my back and affected the way I peed (TMI) and I was getting too many UTI's I hoped getting rid of some skin would help that and it did. Oh and warning... folding panni skin into jeans and accidentally zippering yourself hurts like a Mofo. 

There was a psychological/emotional component too... I did think it would help body image issues but really for me I soon found (and most of us who have body image issues find) that those issues do not go away with weight loss or skin removal... the real work needs to be on the head stuff ;) I have friends that have no body image issues at all... and they can't understand my hang-ups... "but why?! you look great" but you know that's the nature of head stuff... our internal voice is stronger than any outside. We need to learn to tell it to STFU ;)

I will say this... post op plastics photos of reconstructive plastics (what we post-WLS are getting) are not the the same at all as those on new skin... so the typical boob job, Mommy makeover tummy tuck stuff... our skin usually is pretty shot (deflated balloon-ish) and without the elasticity the outcomes are OK but not optimal... and we all heal differently, nutrition and health vary post-op and that has a lot to do with it too. 

Question -- were you able to get any of that covered by insurance due to the UTIs and urination problems? I've had some similar issues lately. I have an appointment with my OB/GYN on Monday, but I'm afraid there won't be much she can do short of recommending skin removal.

Eggface
on 11/21/15 7:45 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

No, I didn't have insurance when I had plastics. I had both rounds LBL, BL/BA in 2 stages, Arms done in Mexico.

You might try though... my sister had panni removal (self paid for a little more work at the same time) covered had to appeal (they generally turn you down first try) but with documentation of rashes (appt's receipts, photos) she got it covered. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

crazy4birds
on 11/20/15 10:45 pm
RNY on 12/02/14

I must say I'm getting tired of folding my non existing boobs in to a bra.  Apparently they must have been where I lost the most weight.  lol

selhard
on 11/21/15 5:31 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Without a heavy-duty-wired bra, I appear completely flat-chested.  In fact, it's the only positive thing about the winter months...I can layer a turtle-neck, sweater, vest, and jacket and get away with going braless.  I just have to be careful not to nip the nips when cinching up my belt buckle.

crazy4birds
on 11/21/15 4:05 pm
RNY on 12/02/14

hahaha 

Most Active
Recent Topics