Fatigue

sweetpotato1959
on 11/20/15 3:24 pm

Check two things, Your calorie intake... it may be too low.I was getting my fluids and protein in with 300-400 calories a day..Nutritionist had me boost mine by 300 average.total of 700cal.. then I felt better. adding a few bites of a favorite veggie may help, this will help with the food fatigue...Carbs are neeeded for protein metabolism.. ...and also like someone else mentioned. Try the B-complex in a sublingual liquid.. just hold it under your tongue for 90 seconds, then swallow and have something to swallow behind it.energy boost occurs shortly after for an hour or so.

Denise
Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 11/21/15 4:56 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

the older you are, the longer it can take.  If you are older than 60, you're typical in recovering from anesthesia.

Sharon

Nerdy_girl
on 11/21/15 8:34 pm - MD

I feel terribly rundown if I don't get a minimum of carbs in each day.  After my recent revision I was getting about 30 grams of carbs a day on my surgeon's plan.  When I told her how tired I was, the PA at my surgeon's office suggested I try to boost the carbs a bit (to 40 grams) and this really did help me.  I can't swear you'll have the same response but you might try it.  At the early stages, I increased the carbs by using skim milk (Lactaid, because I've been lactose intollerant since the original surgery) in my protein shakes and, and on occasion, switching my water out for G2 (the watered-down Gatorade product).  I also tried to make sure I was getting atleast 10-15 grams of fat a day -- when I was strugling to meet that I switched to 2 percent milk for a while. 

Now I'm back to getting my carbs from vegetables--mostly green and occasionally yellow or orange. 

HW: 417 | 2003 RNY: 138 loss | 2015 Revision SW: 279

Laura in Texas
on 11/22/15 4:56 pm

Most people do feel better by the 3 month mark, but it took me six months to get my energy back. Hang in there!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

rsafr
on 12/6/15 5:54 pm - Kennesaw, GA
RNY on 09/21/15

This is all great news to hear.  I thought it was just me having too high of an expectation that once the weight started coming off I would jut feel light and full of energy.  Its reassuring to know that this fatigue period is normal and will pass.  I'm 10 week post-op, had a setback last week with an internal bleeding problem but able to tolerate pretty much all my food except that is high sugar (Read the labels Richard!!)

Thanks for the insight. This is not something I was prepared for or talked about before my surgery

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 54 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views