Cooking for the holidays......

lynnc99
on 11/18/15 12:43 pm

My holiday menu is pretty much the same regardless of who is joining us....

Turkey

Sweet potato casserole (a 30 year old recipe that I have modified to remove sugar and cut the fat by a mile)

Cranberry gelatin (my own creation using SF jello, fresh cranberries, walnuts, and diced veggies/fruit)

Herbed green beans (nobody likes that soupy yucky casserole anyway)

Mashed potatoes if we have guests - not if it's just "us" - don't need double potatoes

Stuffing - my own variation on Stove Top, adding heaps of diced onion and celery, fresh sage, and changing up the whole ratio of smashed bread to fresh ingredients - and even then I have just about 2 bites. 

Dessert - a tiny slice of SF pumpkin pie. We purchase this at Walmart where you can find it in the "in store" bakery. Want to know a secret? My husband developed this product in his last job! I have to watch the sugar alcohols but usually okay for a taste. I add some whipped cream on top. 

Sugar free Sprite for the toast and for the kids beverages

Cleopatra_Nik
on 11/18/15 1:00 pm - Baltimore, MD

I'm excited about this Thanksgiving because I am going to visit my baby brother and his family in Indiana! Since my mom died I've been sort of a Thanksgiving orphan. Folks have graciously welcomed me into their homes but I really just want to spend my holidays with someone who maybe...has a picture of me when I went through my awkward stage and who gets the inside family jokes!

At any rate, I've been doing lots of holiday recipes on Bariatric Foodie (link in my signature). I've been focusing on doing mini-sized versions of recipes from my WLS holiday recipe book because lots of folks said they are only feeding themselves or themselves and one other person. S'anyway...those recipes are up on the site if you want to take a look. More to come!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

radze09
on 11/18/15 1:31 pm
RNY on 06/08/15

Y'all are awesome! Thanks for the help!!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 68 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 68 views