Approaching 4th surgiversary, what I have learned (pt 3)... "The scale is my...

aesposito
on 10/23/15 6:03 am

Laura, that's interesting... I think that is why I still weigh monthly. I am scared to death of going into denial. Denial helped get me fat to begin with... denial of a lot of things in my life. As terrified and annoyed as I am by my enemy, the scale, I don't think I will ever be able to truly shake him off... and that's probably a good thing.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Grim_Traveller
on 10/23/15 11:10 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Some people do well with judging how their clothes fit, rather than the scale. Not me -- I'm a big time clothing denier. If I had a nickel for every time the dryer shrunk my clothes. Or they shrunk spontaneously. Or the polar vortex shrunk them . . .

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/15 2:57 pm

I had a friend who was in major denial. She said someone came in and put smaller sizes in her closet. This was really a friend not me.

I do have to weigh myself. I will take a break for a day or two when I find myself doing crazy things. Like getting on the scale like five times in the morning.

Candy V.
on 10/25/15 4:47 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I could have written part of this post. I am over three years out, never really had a stall and am now too thin and scared to regain even though my husband encourages me to gain 10 lbs. I am down to 123 and my "origional goal" was 160 and I kept lowering it as i passed it.

The concept of trying to gain is beyond me, I still would be fine with losing a few more as my BMI is still normal. I eat carbs on a regular basis, I have been really stressed out with one of my children having
"issues" and have lost more in the last 6 months since this happened. So hopefully when life returns to normal I will bounce back a few pounds without trying to gain. That is a slippery slope I dont want to navigate.

I am glad you found your happy spot :)

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

moviemum
on 10/25/15 5:50 pm

This is probably the most mature and wonderful post and thread I've read in a long time. I really feel your accomplishment through your words and it soothes me and gives me hope.

I lost 80 lbs with a lab band that slipped, gained 20 and just had a revision RNY 2 weeks ago. I don't have so much to lose but see that some of this may be beyond my control. Since I've been on this weight loss journey for 5 years, the scale is definitely important to me. I lived by the scale and all of it was either super slow or a stall. Lost 80 with really hard physical work and of course, the lap band tool.

But I did watch the scale move up when I was "deflated" in January and God help me, I couldn't stop it. It felt so good to eat again and I felt I "Deserved" it. Bad habits jump at the chance to take over! But that scale...we were in this together. It warned me, it winked at me, it sneered at me but if I didn't have it - I would've gained more. I totally get what you said "Now I'm fat" "I remember fat". I didn't talk about my weight gain with anyone and you know what, I wore it proudly. Whatever. It doesn't stay down forever it seems. Now of course, it's a pleasure to see 12 lbs down in 2 weeks and I feel so much better. This will be an interesting chapter in my life, navigating these new RNY rules. It feels good to be back in control...even having had a drastic surgery to do so.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 78 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 78 views