What's on the menu today, RNYers?

JLS_NJ
on 5/29/14 3:01 am
RNY on 10/15/13

Crazy day at school already!  Dinner is probably going to be 2 - 3 ozs of sirloin steak.

I'm glad everyone is staying on track and we even seem to have a couple new menus to glean from.  It all helps to stay on plan, I've been struggling a bit.  Tuesday was a carb overload and I've been struggling more and more to keep below 30 grams.  I don't want to just concede and raise it, that submit to the desire is not where I want to go with my food choices.  I need a definite working plan.  Maybe I should revise my carb plan?  I meet with my NUT in 2 weeks.

Head hunger is the pits!  I think I need something when I relax.

Your Food Diary For:

Thursday, May 29, 2014
Breakfast Calories Carbs Fiber Fat Protein Potass.
Target Market Pantry - Whey Protein Powder Chocolate, 1 scoop 140 5 1 2 25 290  
Generic - 1 Lg Egg White, 1 egg white 16 0 0 0 4 54  
Simply Potatoes - Shredded Hash Browns, 0.33 C 46 11 1 0 1 224  
Add Food Quick Tools 202 16 2 2 30 568  
Lunch
Chick-fil-a - 2-count Chick-n-strips, 1 Strips 120 6 1 6 11 0  
Chick Fil A - Fruit Cup, Small (Corrected), 1 Container 45 12 1 0 0 0  
Add Food Quick Tools 165 18 2 6 11 0  
Dinner
Add Food Quick Tools              
Snacks
Add Food Quick Tools              
Vitamins
Feosol - Carbonyl Iron Tablet, 1 caplet 0 0 0 0 0 0  
Spring Valley - Maximum Strength Vitamin D3 5000iu, 2 Softgel 0 0 0 0 0 0  
Equate - Stool Softener, 2 capsule 0 0 0 0 0 0  
Citracal - Calcium Citrate +D3 Petites, 2 tablets 0 0 0 0 0 0  
Benefiber - Fiber Supplement, 2 tsp (3.8g) 15 4 3 0 0 0  
Flintstones - Muti Vitamin W/ Iron, 1 tablet 0 0 0 0 0 0  
Add Food Quick Tools 15 4 3 0 0 0  

Totals 382 38 7 8 41 568  
Your Daily Goal 800 30 21 40 80 3,500  
Remaining 418 -8 14 32 39 2,932  

JLS in Central Jersey

Empty Nester - working toward a healthier ME!

Cunning_Pam
on 5/29/14 3:37 am
RNY on 12/18/13

JLS, I hear you on the carbs. It wasn't an easy decision for me to up mine, but after a lot of looking around at what other people were doing and a lot of trying to listen to my body, I felt it was the right thing to do for me at the moment. I can't say I won't cut them back again later, but for now, I'm comfortable with a little more carbs from fruit and veggies (no starches except for the occasional Flat Out wrap or something similar.) Hope you get to a decision you feel ok with!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

LiViAnN_mommy
on 5/29/14 3:05 am - Citrus heights, CA

Good morning everyone. I went to my first training session yesterday after a week and we focused on arms..... My neck and shoulders are sore! As a warmup we run around the building I think it's about half a mile and I felt myself running faster than before. Disney does themed runs and they moved the tinkerbell one to May and that was when we were planning our annual trip so I'm trying to talk hubby into signing up for the 10k. I figured I have a little less than a year to get ready for it, we shall see.

my eats for the day: 

breakfast: half a banana and slice of french bread. I planned on have a Greek yogurt too but I'm feeling full at the moment so maybe in a bit. Coffee and creamer

lunch: out and about so going to have a quest bar. Love the cookie dough one!

dinner: 5 cheese tortellini, cherry tomatoes, and some basil. Going to try and stay away from the bread. I bought a loaf of french bread and it is a trigger food for sure! 

Snacks: string cheese and turkey, protein shake with milk, another Greek yogurt maybe some chocolate chips thrown in.... We might end up at starbucks to not sure

totals: cals: 1368 carbs: 171 protein: 111. My carbs are super high! My numbers are with starbucks ...hence the high numbers! 

W: none yet

e:group training session

v: most are done just need to take my cranberry

have a great day everyone! 

Cunning_Pam
on 5/29/14 3:35 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Janessa, my fave Quest bar is the cookie dough one too! I keep one in my purse for emergency purposes, it's too high in carbs to make a habit out of it, but it's nice to have it available if something comes up and I can't stick to my planned meals for whatever reason.

Good for you for setting your sights on a 10K! Themed runs seem like they'd be a lot of fun. I found the craziest thing when I was looking for 5Ks to sign up for: St. Louis has something called a "Cupcake Run". It's a 5K that has five 'cupcake stations' set up along the course, one every kilometer. If you want, you can stop and eat a cupcake and you get time taken off your final time based on the number of cupcakes you eat! A regular sized cupcake is worth 5 minutes, and a mini cupcake is worth 2. You can only eat one cupcake per station, so the max you can get taken off your time is 25 minutes. Once upon a time I would have thought "Oh, cool, a 5K and free cupcakes!" and now I look at it and just think "OMG, that's so WRONG!"

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

LiViAnN_mommy
on 5/29/14 8:48 am - Citrus heights, CA

Yeah I can't imagin running with my belly full of cupcakes...... That I would just stop and enjoy the cupcakes! Screw the run! Lol

Jennifer M.
on 5/29/14 4:44 am - Casper, WY

Good afternoon to everyone!

Time since surgery: 11 Years

B: 2 Eggs w/cauliflower "hash browns"

L: Spaghetti squash taco casserole

D: Low carb orange chicken, sesame broccoli

S: Protein shake, roast turkey w/cheese & pistachios

V: Done

W: 48oz done and still drinking

E: Red hot yoga after work.

1177 Calories, 42 Carbs, 115 Protein

I think I've finally found a good place to keep my numbers and exercise, the scale is now going in the right directions.  Have lost 10 of the 50 I regained.

Cunning_Pam
on 5/29/14 6:41 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Good to hear your scale is being cooperative, Jennifer!

Dcgirl
on 5/29/14 7:38 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Yay, Jennifer!  20% of your regain is gone!  That's awesome!  (I do that on the treadmill - I say to myself "20% done...50% done..." lol!).  Your menu looks delicious as always, and I love seeing what you eat 11 years out.  You really reinforce that eating small, sensible, protein-forward meals is a new way of life for us, and not a temporary diet.  I am very happy for you :)

karenp8
on 5/29/14 9:28 am - Brighton, IL

Congratulations on losing a good chunk of your regain,Jennifer. I love the variety in your menu! Now I'm thinking about Chinese food!

Jennifer M.
on 5/29/14 10:58 am - Casper, WY

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. I do intervals when I do cardio so I always count down on each one, just tell myself only 9 more rounds, 8 more rounds, etc. I really was off track for a while, it's been refreshing to get back to good eating and healthy foods.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 286 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views