What's on the menu today, RNYers?

Dodgergirl27
on 5/8/14 2:16 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone!

Pam it sounds like you maybe the perfect wife.  I'm like your husband though, people should not be allowed around me if I have to get up at 2am (or really anytime before 6), I'm just not a morning person.  I wish I was though, b/c I think it would be a better time to workout.

Anny, awesome job on your steps!  I'm still trying to get over 10,000.  I really need to pick it up.  I have a very sedentary job and my little 1 min running breaks in the bathroom aren't cutting it :)

So my hair has been falling out like crazy.  I wear it pretty long, and I'm thinking of cutting it.  I go to the hairdresser tonight and I'm going to see what she thinks.  I'm not a fan of this shedding!  Everywhere I look there are stray hairs.  God, I hope this ends for me in a month or so.  I see some people post that the hair loss lasted until month 9, I don't think I can handle 6 months of this.  Still, better to have less hair and less weight than lots of hair and be MO.

Time since surgery:  3 months, 2 weeks

B - Premier Protein

S - String Cheese

L - Thai cashew Shrimp

D - TBD

I was able to get over 90g or protein yesterday, so that was good.  I'm think I may have a protein shake again for dinner so I can keep those #'s up.

W - On track

E - TBD

V - On track

Have a great day everyone!

AnnyBananny
on 5/8/14 2:29 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Another great day for protein, keep it up!

I'm a short haired gal and have been much of my life...you might find that you like it! It certainly make washing and drying your hair take a LOT less time. If you trust your hair stylist, I highly recommend just telling her "to make me look good." I did that about a year ago and ended up with my all time favorite hair cut (one I hope will carry me through any hair loss I might experience). Good luck!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Dodgergirl27
on 5/8/14 2:37 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Thanks for the tip Anny.  I do trust my stylist (she's actually a good friend of mine), so I'm thinking that's exactly what I'll do.  I get nervous b/c I'm a curly haired girl and the weight of long hair has always kept my curls in check.  Going shorter could result in chaos.  That being said, I've been rocking this same length for over 10+ yrs, so I think it's time for a change :)  I'm hoping the extra frizz and bounce with a shorter style will cover up some the thinning spots on my head.  Never thought I'd be thankful for frizz, but it's time to start focusing on silver linings.  

AnnyBananny
on 5/8/14 3:11 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I have curly hair too! Right now my cut is asymmetrical and I'm in love with it. Basically it's pretty short everywhere except a side swept bang. But it's long enough that some of the curliness still shines through. When you go short, I'd highly recommend L'Oreal EverCurl Sculpt and Hold Cream Gel. I've been through so many gel, cream, mousse products from dirt cheap to expensive and this is my all time favorite for many reasons - doesn't get "crunchy" tames frizz, and gives a nice hold!

Make sure to post a pic of your new 'do!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Cunning_Pam
on 5/8/14 2:52 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Hiya Dodgergirl! I'm not sure I'd call myself the perfect wife by a long shot, but I do try to make my hubby's life as easy for him as possible. Since I'm fortunate enough to not have to work right now I kind of make taking care of him my main job. Working at my weight loss is my second job, though!

About the hair loss, I used it as the perfect excuse to get a cute short cut. The shedding while my hair was long was just ridiculous, any clothing I had was covered in long hair almost as soon as I put it on. I'd been wearing my hair long for years, mostly because the husbeast likes it that way. I hated it, though...it took so much work to make it look decent, and as I've gotten older and my grey has gotten more prominent it just made me look "witchy" IMO. So I found a picture online of a cut I was interested in (Jenna Elfman's short haircut was the inspiration) and took it to the hairdresser and asked her to get me as close to that as possible. And she did a great job! I've found in the past when I wanted a short hair cut and left it up to the stylist I didn't like what they did and they all gave me the same thing: Longer on top, really short on the sides. So I ended up with all this volume on the top of my head and nothing else. It was always very 80s, even in the 90s and beyond! I know they were trying to minimize my round, fat face, but let's face it, a haircut isn't going to do much for that. Bringing a picture and having *some* idea of what you want helps keep things from getting too far "out there", IMO. Oh, and at almost five months out my hair loss has slowed way, way down, so you may not have to wait until month 9! Although I do agree about preferring less of me to more hair.

I still love that you run in place in the bathroom, you know! You go, girl!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

LiViAnN_mommy
on 5/8/14 3:51 am - Citrus heights, CA

Wow so many comments to get through today! Its awesome! Em, have a safe flight. Those long flights and WLS kinda suck. When liv was about a year and 1/2 we flew to South Korea. I think between the two of us we had a bag of just good! LoL. Not fun. The flight back was worse because our food choices were not as good. (And try to tell a toddler that everyone is trying to sleep!)

I think i will take on the scale challenge too! It makes or breaks your day and it's silly! So I will put it away and pull it out next Wednesday.

My eats for the day:

breakfast: my whole day was a feeding frenzy yesterday because I started with carbs so no more! Today we had scrambled eggs with cheese and ham. Also made some toast. I made sure that I drink water while I was cooking and got at 8oz in. Finished my first coffee and about to have my second

lunch: going to make meatballs and have a salad with it

dinner: grilled chicken strips with some rice

snacks: string cheese, protein shake with milk, and a Greek yogurt.

W: 8oz down a whole lot more to go

V: starting to get back on track will take those in a sec

E: group pt class

totals today: cals: 1118' carbs: 86 protein: 110

JJ0609
on 5/8/14 5:32 am

Glad you took the scale challenge too! I hope it is beneficial for us! 

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Cunning_Pam
on 5/8/14 10:38 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Hi Janessa! You took a toddler to South Korea? Oh my, I'm impressed! That can't have been easy on anyone.

Hmm, judging by all the people taking the scale challenge, I guess I should jump on that bandwagon as well! I'm putting mine in the closet tonight and will weigh next Wednesday when everyone else does too. Maybe Sara can start a thread for us to check in and weigh in!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

LiViAnN_mommy
on 5/8/14 2:23 pm - Citrus heights, CA

My husband was stationed in South Korea and we found out after he already took his leave that was going to be extended. The army sucks sometimes! We would have gone a whole year without seeing home if we didn't fly over for Christmas. Yes those 17hr flights were the longest of my life but it was so worth it!

Candy V.
on 5/8/14 9:26 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Time passed since surgery: Almost 20 months

6 am:   2 - 12 oz cups of coffee with sf creamer & Splenda/Equal

7 am Breakfast at work:   L & F yogurt, 1/2 banana

8 am:   2 - 12 oz cups of half caffeine coffee with sf creamer & Splenda/Equal

With all the coffee I drink I dilute my sf creamer to be 1/2 sf creamer and 1/2 1% milk

1st Lunch 1030 am: leftover chop suey, no rice

2nd Lunch 2 pm: ham and wheat thins

Dinner 6 pm:  fish, sweet potato, mixed veggies (out for dinner)   

I hear you all on the portions, I had no bread or salad and ate plenty then packed my leftovers to make 2 more full meals.

I have been having gallbladder problems, went to the Dr Monday and they put me on low fat diet. 

Snacks: Syntrax Nectar lemon protein tea, other 1/2 banana

Exercise:  none, vitamins:  3 batches done with 1 to go

16 oz flavored & 16 oz plain water, 20 oz protein tea and 48 oz of coffee, 16 oz mint tea

My goals I aim for in maintenance are:  80-100 g protein, 100 oz fluids.  

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 340 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 256 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?