IF you're at least 3 1/2 to 4 years out - protein ??

JB1114
on 5/28/12 6:31 am - Grain Valley, MO
I'll be 4 years out in July.  I try for 80-110 grams of protein daily.  I have a Click Frappe (1 scoop Click, 1 scoop Syntrax Nectar Cappiccino, 1 cup almond milk)  nearly every morning.  I eat about every 3 hours.  Plain Greek yogurt with berries or a little peanut butter is a favorite.  Sometimes I add dry cereal to my yogurt.

I have protein bars occasionally but make sure they aren't full of sugar.  Quest bars are very good. 

A bad habit I got into was grazing.  I fill up quickly at meals so I was hungry between meals.  My snacks were tasty but too high in carbs.  The last week I've had more protein, fresh fruits and less carbs and dropped 4.2 lbs.

I lost 70 lbs. but want to lose another 20.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Amy R.
on 5/28/12 1:12 pm, edited 5/28/12 1:12 am
Thank you everyone. You have given me some great "food" for thought=)

It's kinda nice to know what others are up too, especially when most of you come in with about the same range of protein in your daily fare.

Now to keep trudging that road......

Thanks Again=)

*edited because my spelling has apparently not improved over the years=)
jessann5
on 5/29/12 2:10 am - Kansas City, KS
I am about 4 1/2 years out and honestly I do not count my protein any more. I continue to eat protein first at every meal, Carbs come from fruit and veggies, I eat very little/no bread or refined carbohydrates and my snacks are all protein based, yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, deli turkey or ham.

I never expected to count every gram of protein I put in my mouth for the rest of my life. I have developed habits during my post op stage that have stuck with me and I make a conscience decision every day to continue and follow them.

Best wishes to you!

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/29/12 2:14 am - Baltimore, MD
 I get between 90-130g of protein a day. Mostly from food. I do drink a protein shake most days because I like them. My shake has 41.5g of protein so it's a good boost. I don't generally do bars unless I get a hankering for a candy bar. I figure a protein bar will always serve me better. Much as I love Quest bars, I can't afford to stay stocked with them all the time so even they are a sometimey treat.

Most of my protein comes from dairy, frankly. Meat and I have a sometimey relationship and I crave veggies more than meat most of the time. Dairy and eggs are mainstays in my daily food plan. Other than that, I just try to do my protein first, always. I log my food one week of every month to make sure I'm on track. My calories seem to range from 900-1000 on days when I feel blaze about food to 1,500 on days when I seem to be perpetually hungry.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 312 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 229 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 294 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 46 views
Recent Topics