How much weight did you lose after RNY revision surgery?

MyBariatricLife
on 5/4/18 8:36 pm

I am going to guess you did not do well with reading comprehension in school.

Just to show everyone how foolish you are, I will entertain your ridiculous discovery with a retort. My Twitter account is under My Bariatric Life which I have been using since 2011. That is clearly indicated on that profile.

The old account that you link to was established in 2009 and that is clearly indicated on that profile. The photograph of me is also from 2009 when I was a size 14. The two dogs with me are long since dead, as are my parents who took that photo of me.

I did not realize it was kiddie hour at the pool here. And I won't entertain anymore of your childish rants. You clearly have a problem, perhaps envy, perhaps anger, or both.

I would post a recent pic of myself but I don't need to substantiate myself to you. Now go away. You bother me, kid.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Amy R.
on 5/5/18 6:19 am, edited 5/4/18 11:25 pm

My apologies. I posted an old link and it was my own fault for not doing further research. It's been removed.

I am sincerely sorry.

edited for clarity: I was out of line and am very aware of that. No excuses.

MyBariatricLife
on 5/5/18 7:50 am

Thank you. I appreciate your integrity and apology.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/3/18 10:04 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

MyBariatricLife
on 5/3/18 1:14 pm

This is extremely narrow-minded. Chronic lyme is absolutely not bull**** One Medscape article does not indicate ultimate Truth. You must look at the entire body of evidence.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/3/18 1:29 pm
On May 3, 2018 at 3:35 PM Pacific Time, MyBariatricLife wrote:

Tightening the stoma can delay emptying of food into the small intestine, which means increased digestion in the stomach and less occurrence of undigested food particles entering the small intestine, which leads to bacteria in the small intestines that do not belong there.

Also, I have a motility issue so bypassing more of the intestine means less transit time, and less time for food to ferment in the bowels, which also is a cause of SIBO.

Of course, motility can also be increased with the use of pro-kinetics. And digestion can be aided in the stomach with digestive enzymes and fully chewing the food in the mouth until it is liquid. And I do understand how to rebuild my gut and the diet that I will need to follow afterwards so that the good bacteria outnumber the bad. And in theory, I understand how to kill the bad bacteria and parasites and candida/fungi. But all this is a life-long battle. So if the surgery could return my digestive system to normalcy then I will further explore it. As with any surgery there is always risk... and if it is more likely that the surgery will cause more harm then good then of course I will not explore it.

Most people lose weight with SIBO and go underweight. I assume this is because the bacteria are taking so much of the nutrients from the food -- this part is of particular concern to RNY patients who are already receiving less nutrients from our food. That's also a concern with further bypassing more intestines, although is this any worse than the DS?

I have worked with many healthcare professionals allopathic to naturopathic and tried every treatment modality that I can get my hands on across the past 4-years. Instead I have gotten worse rather than better. It was only at my insistence that my current GI did the SIBO test, which seems a no-brainer to do given that my condition manifested when I swam in bacteria-contaminated water. As well, anyone with IBS should be tested for SIBO in my opinion. As well, they are doing a stool test at my insistence to check for parasites. I cannot believe no one has done these tests until I insisted.

Would you like to guess how many times in my life that I have been right and my doctors have been wrong? More times than I can count. And my first GI that I went to with this condition was the head of digestive disorders at IU Health and a key opinion leader in his field. So I wish that I knew then what I know now.

And this is part of the reason that I won't necessarily trust a bariatric surgeon if s/he tells me that the revision will help/cure my digestive health, and why I want to hear from patients.

I also need to be tested for Lyme. There is a link between Lyme and SIBO. And a Lyme Literate MD can heal not only Lyme but it's co-infections, as well as treat for parasites and fungi. This is what I am going to do next, although I am currently doing a partial elemental diet and using other things to kill off the SIBO.

I am sorry to hear that your condition is getting worse. They may indicate your approach is not working. Maybe you need to find a medical team that knows more than you.

Based on my research and experience- the breath test for SIBO for a person with RNY is not reliable. It took me close to a year to find a gastro doc who knows snd works with people who have SIBO. He is current with new research, and medication that can be used for that.

But as long as you trust your team, great. Best wishes for you.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MyBariatricLife
on 5/3/18 1:40 pm

Thank you. I agree with you that what "I" am doing is not working -- if it was then I would have gotten better. And what I have done is followed the protocols outlined by all of my healthcare professionals, which is why I am now looking for new approaches and am getting new HCPs. I have a follow-up with my Gastro next week, the new one that did the SIBO test... fingers crossed she knows what she is doing. If not, then I will keep looking until I find someone who is experienced with SIBO like you did... now that I finally know that I have it.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

White Dove
on 5/2/18 7:06 am - Warren, OH

I would contact Michelle from Vitalady. She had ERNY and described it as combining the worst of all weight loss surgeries.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

MyBariatricLife
on 5/2/18 7:49 am

Oh that is interesting. I have never heard of her until now. I'll reach out and see if she answers me. Thank you.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/2/18 7:46 am
RNY on 08/05/19

You want a SECOND revision?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active