Has anyone here had their sleeve resleeved?

MsBatt
on 3/19/15 10:19 am

Okay, then, post on the DS board asking about DS surgeons in NJ. Unless you consult with a doc who routinely does the DS, you're going to be told you can't GET a DS.

If the DS is your surgery of choice, and there isn't a DS surgeon in your state, can't you appeal? I know Dr. Mitch Roslin in NY is a highly experienced revisions surgeon who does the DS.

Star0210
on 3/20/15 1:33 am
DS on 11/28/14

Dr. Greenbaum.

Appleshaped
on 5/8/15 2:26 pm

Does he have good cash pay prices?

Kiwigal
on 3/18/15 2:25 pm
Revision on 05/02/16
Hi DeeDee. i too have had a similar experience and know of another woman who has the same thing. I have put back on about 18 kilos and just had some tests done recently where it shows my stomach has effectively gone back to a more normal size.
I am thinking of a gastric bypass revision rather than a sleeve given the body's obvious propensity to try to go back to normal. I did have my sleeve done a few years ago though and apparently the technique is much better now. So yes my weight has started to gain too. i don't want to go through this in another-8 years and it seems the bypass has better long term results. The thing about the sleeve though is it does not change your anatomy like a bypass. Decisions decisions decisions.....

MsBatt
on 3/19/15 10:22 am

You should also research getting s Duodenal Switch. The DS can be done with or without re-Sleeving you, and there's a lot of evidence that Sleeve size doesn't really matter much with the DS---its long-term success rate (the best of any form of WLS) relies on the permanent malabsorption of calories that ONLy the DS provides.

Kiwigal
on 3/19/15 10:44 am
Revision on 05/02/16
We don't have the DS over here in lil ole NZ. Surgeons over here do not recommend it under any cir****tances. Not sure the exact reasons why as i like the idea of it.

Traci D.
on 5/1/15 7:26 am - Forestville, Md

I am glad I came on this forum I felt all alone I thought I was the only one gaining weight back I had my VBG with sleeve in 2005 and two years ago I gained about 42lbs so far I reached out to my surgeron and I will be getting more restriction hoping the insurance will cover it I will find out next week.

jjgonzalez30
on 11/9/15 2:36 pm - Livermore , CA
WLS on 05/09/13

If you find any information about resleeving please let me know. 

CElizabeth
on 12/24/16 6:45 pm
VSG on 11/10/16

Hi,

I have researched the sleeve and in MANY CASES PEOPLE HAVE HAD TO GET IT RE DONE 3-6 YEARS LATER. My own surgeon said people come back to him 2 yrs later to get it re done. I knew that before surgery, that this could happen, that is a strong possibility. Mexico you can get a re sleeve for less than $6,000

HARRISBURG Pa 

Revision to Gastric Sleeve Nov 10, 2016

Lap band Removed June 2016

Current weight is 172

Surgery Weight was 196

Goal weight aoround 145

Most Active