Gastric bypass to sleeve

PRETTE84
on 5/2/13 12:02 pm - ROSEDALE, NY
Really but the DS has so many short and long complications am so scared to do it but it seems like the best thing. How many bowel movements a day do u have with the DS??? Anyone who has DS can answer this as well. Oh and did u have any complications???
MsBatt
on 5/5/13 9:15 am

ALL forms of WLS have potential short- and long-term complications. The DS, when performed by an experienced surgeon, has no more short-term risks than the RNY. When the patient is compliant, the long-term risks are ALSO no more that with the RNY. But the DS has the very BEST long-term, maintained weight-loss stats, period.

Sounds to me like you're heard all the DS 'horror stories' but not the real facts. I'm 9+ years post DS, and I've had no complications, either short- or long-term. I average 2 BMs a day, within the first hour or so after I get up in the AM. I eat around 2500-3000 tasty high-protein, high-fat, moderate-carb calories every day, but only absorb about half of them. I also take vitamins four times a day, and get a full blood workup once a year.

Linda_S
on 5/2/13 8:55 am - Eugene, OR

I will, hopefully, be going from RNY to sleeve soon.  I need my duodenum back -- BADLY!  Must get rid of this hypoglycemia!

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Whit
on 5/2/13 1:50 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Your welcome. I personally do not think the RNY Tune-up works long term. I would be interested to hear from those who had this 6 or 7 ago. Take it one step at a time. You have to make this decision yourself complications  happen in any surgery

You do have Dr. Roslin a vetted revision Dr. in NYC. You should call his office and discuss your options. See what your Insurance covers.  Good luck and let me know what you decide.

Best,

Whit

Mitchell Roslin, MD, FACS *
Email: [email protected] 
Paresh C. Shah, MD, FACS *

Lenox Hill Hospital
Manhattan Minimally Invasive & Bariatric Surgery Program
186 East 76th Street, 1st Floor 
New York, NY 10021 
Phone: 212-434-3285 or 1-888-949-9334 toll free 
Fax: 212-434-3250

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

PRETTE84
on 5/2/13 3:19 pm - ROSEDALE, NY
Actually I called his office today am doing a free seminar soon for revision surgery. I spoke to his assistant but I have to wait a year first bcuz I just had a 5 months old baby.
dhenrn
on 5/5/13 8:54 am - NYC-Long Island, NY

Hi do you know when the revision seminar is and where?  I live in southern CT and I am only about 45-50 minutes from Manhattan.  I had RNY 4/23/2003 and lost 101 pounds I would have like to have lost 145 pounds but was thankful for the the gift of 100 pounds I was careful about everything I ate and became a bit of a gym rat however the weight initially remained the same in spite of diet and daily active in the gym now it has creeped up and I have gained 18 pounds and afraid of gaining more.

PRETTE84
on 5/5/13 10:56 pm - ROSEDALE, NY
The name of hospital is called Lenox hill hospital may 7 is the seminar.
dhenrn
on 5/10/13 1:32 am - NYC-Long Island, NY

Thanks for the information I attended the seminar on Tuesday at Lenox Hill.  Dr. Roslin was not the the speaker it was Dr. Yatcov. Anyway I have my consult with the Dr. Roslin on  Wednesday 14 may 13 and I also made an appt( 22 Wed) with my original surgeon Dr. Elariny in VA who is very skilled and of course I will only have the revision by Dr. Roslin or Dr. Elariny.  thanks again

PRETTE84
on 5/2/13 3:37 pm - ROSEDALE, NY
The only thing for me is too qualify for the DS. Bcuz I don't have any complications from the gastric bypass at all, thank god for that. I wonder if I would qualify being that I have no complications besides not losing the weight? Anyone who has had a situation like this and went to DS please share ur experiences. Thanks in advance
dhenrn
on 5/10/13 1:33 am - NYC-Long Island, NY

so have you met with Dr. Roslin? ( i meet with him next week and I am just wondering if he is supportive regarding the revieison surgery?)  I am self pay so I a hopeful to begin the process next week.  I dont take the surgery lightly as I did not take my RNY lightly any time anesthesia is involved it is a serious situation.  I have been researching this for 3 months now and I will only have the DS for my revision.  I was 303 before RNY ( 10 years ago 4/10/03) and I have done all the exercising and dieting but have mangaged to gain 18lbs and now I am 210 and I never got to my goal weight of 145-150 so I am looking to get to my goal and I think based on my ten years of compliance I willhave no issues keeping it off.

Most Active
Recent Topics