Considering PS: What plan allows for Co-pays?

sor09
on 10/2/15 5:50 pm

It's been more than 2.5 yrs post op, and I have been at goal weight for more than half of that. I stuff my skin into my jean, 2 bras, to keep things all together. I have Kaiser and they do not do PS post op Bariatrics. Open enrollment is coming so I am looking to find a different health care coverage that would do it, instead of coming fully out of pocket. All ideas are welcome. Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/15 8:30 pm

No such thing. Insurance will only cover medical necessity so PS is generally not covered.

I just had a Nasolabial Fold Excision on my face and was quoted 12k by a doctor in NY, and less than 4k by a very qualified doctor on the west coast. I flew to San Francisco, had the surgery and flew back 2 days later. It saved a lot of money and I ended up with a really good result so far.

I would suggest you find a really qualified doctor regardless of location, get quotes and then go to your best option for a balance of cost and quality. You can get financing for any medical procedures if that helps.

Donna L.
on 10/3/15 6:44 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

My insurance will pay for the tummy tuck post-op Bariatrics; I have BCBS PPO through work. You have to document issues though, before they will. They do not pay for any other procedures.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

JA
on 10/6/15 5:34 am - East Haven, CT

Insurance does not cover plastic surgery unless you have skin infections (documented) in the area. It's all out of pocket.

Most Active