It's Wednesday, right?

ArleneG
on 11/18/15 1:24 pm

Dearest Kathy,

I am so sorry that your brother's funeral will have to wait a because of the Veteran's Cemetery's schedule. My sister lost her husband three years ago and he was 64, she was 58 at the time. The Veterans Cemetery in Bay Pines FL, (St. Petersburg really) had no spaces left for burials, only cremated remains, so he was cremated. It is a beautiful ceremony that are provided to the Veterans. My love and prayers go out to you.

I did not drive this past Monday because my daughter Lisa will be down in about 3 weeks. We will go to my doctor then. I was wondering, "Hm, let's see. I have a 2003 Cavalier with 58,000 miles on it (yes low mileage but it is still a 2003 model) and she has a brand new Honda. Let's ride in her new Honda."

Regarding the ex, I do think he has diabetic neuropathy. It causes muscle weakness and pain and he does have trouble walking. WELL, after my doctor told me I would suffer a heart attack if I didn't lose weight, I had the gastric sleeve like all of you ladies had surgery. I still need to shed thirty pounds and will do so after the holidays, not that I plan on eating badly. If he ate better and cared, but he doesn't, he would not have these issues. He has multiple health issues. We have all been there, but we have all done something about it. I doubt he will make it to my daughter's wedding. She is prepared for that. And I hate to say this, but it is he who has all these illnesses. It is unfair to me if one day I come home and find him gone. I convey that to Lisa often.

Have a great day and love you lots,

Arlene

Judy G.
on 11/18/15 1:40 pm - Galion, OH

Arlene...like they say...you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink...

HUGSSSSSSSSSS

Judy G.
on 11/18/15 1:38 pm - Galion, OH

Afternoon OFF family...Man it is WINDY here!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!! Trying to rain now!! Went shopping this morning to get all the Thanksgiving goodies we need for the dinner and then went back in for ours!!! LOL First trip in we each had a cart...OMG we had a blast!!! Rick had a list of what to get...had to spend atleast $20 to get the special price on the turkey...so we split up what we needed for the tenants dinner...off he went speeding through the store!!!!! LMAOOOOO  You would have thought we were at the races!!!!!! Got all the tenants done loaded up the truck back in we went to do ours...he went one way I went the other...he was grabbing the small stuff I went for the heavy stuff with the cart!!  We got everything we needed plus a few extras...lol DONE!!!!!! Now hope we have everything we need!!! I think so!!! Bought a cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple for my Birthday cake...made a mistake there...needed pie filling!! DARN IT!!!!!! So need to get pie filling to make my cake now...sighs...good thing Dollar General is just around the corner!! LOL

Tomorrow is mom's surgery. Please remember her in your prayers. I am worried about her. Wish she would have said yes I want you here but nope...just PRAYERS!!!!! OK...   will do as she asked. She said the surgery should take about 3-4 hours?? I think that is what she said. Will let you know IF and WHEN I hear anything!!! You know how my family is!!!! Sighs.......  

Well its been pretty quiet around here today...SHHHHHHHHHH I shouldn't have mentioned that!!!  And Happy no more dying!!!!!!! Gosh I can't take anymore of that!!!!!!!

Well time to go check out FB and see what is happening there...

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ArleneG
on 11/18/15 1:44 pm

Sending love and good wishes to Judy and Vicki and those to come.

I think of you girls often.

Judy, your remark about my picture had me laughing my butt off. (smile, you said, think about my apartment complex). OMG I cracked up. But I do pray for your sanity every day.

Honestly, dear, with your way with words, you should write a book about a fictional crazy apartment complex. It would be a best seller.

Vicki, hope all is well with you. Can't believe your daughter is that far along in her pregnancy. How time flies. And Budders biting, oh dear. But little children tend to do things like that.

Hope you are resting and not running around, but knowing you, you don't stand still for too long. If I only had half your energy. I have wonderful memories about my second marriage and sewing and going into the fabric stores to buy fabric for my next project. As I stated, I sewed clothes for myself, not crafts like you do. You are so very talented. I might try to sew curtains, but alas, I need to buy a sewing machine first.

Sending love to you both and for those who come by later.

Arlene

Judy G.
on 11/18/15 3:25 pm - Galion, OH

Arlene...I am happy I could make you LOL!!! I have been crying at the drop of a hat since Monday morning!!! Lost FOUR tenants...ALL good ones in less than a week!!! Plus my mom having her surgery tomorrow now...nerves are shot I guess. The FUNNY FARM is a PAIN IN MY ASS right now!!! Two funerals at the same time so guess I will not go to any of them...just be sending my Donations to my RANGER'S LEGACY EQUINE RESCUE and be done with it.

Your invitation to Florida is awesome...be careful what you post...might have people showing up....LOL

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

cindibarre
on 11/18/15 2:12 pm - Danforth, ME

Good Afternoon Kathy and OFF-

Popping in to say hello.  Spent my morning going to a mandatory staff meeting for my water fitness instructor job.  Since I'm employed by the local hospital district I am required to attend the mandatory meetings.  I get paid for the time so I guess I can't complain.  We had a potluck Thanksgiving meal where the hospital provided the meat and everyone else brought the sides.  Employee recognitions and announcements made.  The kind of stuff I used to do routinely when I worked.  Also had to take mandatory fire extinguisher training and compliance training.  The extinguisher training was fun as they had a real fire for me to put out.  The compliance training was a snooze as I am not interested in learning more government regulations for healthcare.  But I passed that test too so I'm done for the year.

Kathy happy to read that you are helping with the planning of your brother's funeral.  Veterans funerals are always backlogged as Veterans cemetary's are under staffed.

Judy I'll be thinking about your Mom tomorrow.  I'm sure it will be a positive outcome and I hope your day at work is not stressful while you wait for word.

Eileen the decision to retire when a package comes is difficult but I'm sure that you've made the right decision.  I agree with Kathy the package sounded cheap to me for a corporation as large as Gannet.

Julia I have to find a place for massage here in Texas.  I used to go every Friday night for a two hour massage to get rid of the kinks in my neck (first hour) and the rest of my body.  Since retiring my massages have been sporadic due to cost.  My chiropracter has a massage therapist and I think I'll set something up with them on a regular basis.  I have not been for an adjustment since getting back to Texas so I'm due.

Arlene I'm sure it is frustrating to live with your ex and see that he doesn't give a damn about his health.  Just take care of your health so your daughter will have one parent at the wedding at least.

Connie we have to get you to a warmer climate.  Maybe Nic should consider moving south when he graduates and you move with him.  We had wind and rain yesterday and a cold front pushed in.  Now in Texas if the temps drop to the 70's that's considered a cold front.  So our day time temps are in the 70's and the lows are in the 50's.

Special thoughts going out to Vickie who is having a busy and emotional week with family members.  Hopefully this will help close some doors and not add more drama to her life.

Well time for me to don my bathing suit and go teach water fitness.  My co-instructor has been sick this week so I'm getting the extra classes.  Nice increase to the giant paycheck they send me.

Thoughts and hugs going to all of you especially those that I forgot to address!

Cindi B

poegirl100
on 11/18/15 4:06 pm - Cibolo, TX

Hi sistas!  Just a note to let you all know I arrived in east Texas.  Oy vey!  6 hours in the car with mom  Just about did me in.  I need Carrie here to run interference for me.  And the minute I hit east Texas I felt so oppressed and sad. I hate it here.  I am ready to be done with this place forever.  I might not check in much the next few days. No Wi-Fi here. Love you all

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 388 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1189 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views