Manic Monday, Whats Up?

Laureen S.
on 8/22/11 1:04 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Morning Monica, OFFr Friends,

Well everyone once in a while, some of us test and find out that the test got the better of us, I can eat fried things in real moderation and also depends on what it is, I could not eat a piece of fried chicken, but once in a while a coconut shrimp is ok or a few french fries, but the truth is I seldom indulge in that area, as it is always with a smelly price tag, so when I do, I have to be going straight home and only be around people who would understand the price (lol).  Same thing for sugary things, though again there are some items I've discovered will do me in in such a way as I don't test the waters there too much either anymore.  Truth be told, for the most part, I don't miss those things, my downfall is carbs, bready carbs and even those done in excess put me into a lethargic feeling, so, like you, I'm still learning that the pouch rules. . .

So I had a pretty nice weekend, Tony was down on Saturday and we had a nice relaxed day together, after which I did some organizing and trying to get rid of things I no longer need, honestly that is soooo difficult for me.  I did manage to throw some old shoes out, as well as some that are in hardly used state and put them in a bag to bring to goodwill, now if only I could do the same with some clothing (lol).  Yesterday, other than going out to Produce Junction for fruits and veggies, I stayed home, cooked a bunch of stuff for the week and watched television, did laundry and played Zuma to my hearts content, then went to bed early so I could start my work week at 4:40 this morning. . .

This morning I had the car packed, other than my food and work bag and I took my cup of coffee and set it on the roof of my car while I put the things I was carrying into it, well guess what I did, I backed out of the driveway and heard a bang against the car, well if you guessed it, you're right, my coffee cup was on the ground and there was no time to make another cup, lucky for me it was one of those metal types, so no shattered pottery all over the road. . .  then I am getting dressed after my workout and doing my hair and I realize one of my earrings is missing, I'm like ok, retrace your steps and sure enough it was by the arc trainer, so it was a funny beginning to my work week.  Today has me working and after work seeing my dental hygenist for a cleaning.

Wishing you all the best possible day, enjoy your activities and sending wishes of peace and strength for any who are having life challenges this day!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Connie D.
on 8/22/11 2:16 am
Good morning Monica and everyone......

Monica.....I did the same thing the other night. Very depressed so I had a dish of ice cream...I was sick for hours and hours. I always get sick from ice cream...DUH!! Congrats...you are almost too 300!!

Marcy...hope your appointment goes well....sending prayers.

Pat .....hope your foot is doing better. I am sure it bothers you more now that you are working.

Grammylew.....I wish you lived near....I need a costume and would gladly pay you to make one. I hate the ones that are store bought....they don't look all that great.

I can't remember who else I was going to leave a message for.....my thinking is off these days. 

I am physically feeling better but mentally I am shot....time will help with that. My psychiatrist said to up my Celexa by a 1/2 tablet. I was on the lowest dose anyway. Hope that helps.

Wishing you all a happy day. Prayers for many in need.

Love and hugs to all....connie d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 395 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1198 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1141 views