one week post op pain

Mommyx3
on 11/23/15 11:36 am - Canada

Just checking in and seeing if i should still be having alot of discomfort when sitting up or bending over at one week post op? I guess i ham having a hard time knowing if this is normal or not is bc i was told at the orientation to expect the surgery amd recovery to be less painful than having a c-section...well i have had 3 c-sections and this is much worse!! I cant bend over or roll on my sides yet when sleeping and sitting straight up at table or in car can be very painful. Out of the 6 holes in me lol there are only 2 that are around where the pain is at its worse.  Im assuming these spots are where most of the work was done but need some reassurance that what im feeling is normal

Delicious_Delilah
on 11/23/15 1:03 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Yup.  Normal.  Have never had a C-section, but remember having pain, particularly on the left-side, for 2-3 weeks.  At one point, I remember thinking that maybe there was something wrong.  But no, nothing wrong. 

Now, if the pain gets way worse, then of course, call you Centre.

DD

Mommyx3
on 11/23/15 1:12 pm - Canada

Thanks this is all i needed to hear just some reassurance that its normal im sure everything is healing and thats the pain its just feeling tighter today than yesterday 

northernga1
on 11/23/15 2:51 pm - Elliot Lake, Canada

I have had two c-sections and the pain from the roux en y was no where near as bad and the recovery was much less.  Like you only really had pain in 2 or 3 incisions.  It was difficult to roll over and get out of bed but no where near as bad as my c-sections maybe because of different locations.  It will get easier and the pain will go away rest up and take at easy for a few weeks and in no time it will be a distant memory.  Welcome to the losers bench :) and the start of your new life

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Canadajet
on 11/23/15 3:05 pm

Crust like everyone else who posted, this is normal.  I sleep with pillows and one of m.y dogs seems to understand to push his body against my back.  My other saving grace is that I have a lazy boy sofa.  I spent the first four nights sleeping on the coach.  The two sites most painful are on the left and in the centre under my boobs.  I think today was the first day standing up. Try walking around more than what was suggested. I found this helpful.  I tried taken crushed Tylenol as instructed by dr Klein because you guess I was worried about the pain.  Oh boy was that awful.  Children's Tylenol was too sweet. 

If the pain though gets worse call the clinic.

take care 

Tara Sauders
on 11/24/15 10:17 am - Canada

Tomorrow is three weeks post-op for me and I am just getting to the point where I can bend over and roll over in bed without any pain.  Hang in there, it will get better soon!

HW=268.6; Opti day 1=268.6; SW=254.6; Referral Aug 2014; Orientation at HRRH Feb 13, 2015; Meet Dr.Klein July 23; Dr.Glazer Aug 6; SW & RD Sept 3rd; RN Oct 23rd; 2nd Dr.Klein Sept 16; PATT call Oct 8th; Start Opti Oct 21; PATT appt Oct 23rd; RNY 12:00pm Nov 4, 2015

Susan40
on 11/24/15 5:07 pm - Canada

Hey there, I am 5 1/2 months post op and I had a slow recovery.  It really did take 3 weeks before the pain subsided.  At about the 4 week mark life returned to normal.  Hang in there... It's normal. 

tatirod
on 11/24/15 7:18 pm - Toronto, Canada

You can always contact your center if you're really concerned. I'm just over 2 weeks post-op, so the pain is very fresh in my mind. I had a VSG and had A LOT of pain. Others say they had practically no pain and I assumed something terrible was wrong. I actually had a panic attack in the hospital due to the pain... I was convinced I had a leak of some sort. The surgeon came in the middle of the night and said I was fine. I still have a little pain but the "uncomfortable pain" definitely lasted more than a week. As I progress along the new eating process I find the pain changes. I'm on pureed food now but find more comfort in liquids. In the beginning I couldn't tolerate cold water but room temperature water was fine. Maybe see if there is anything you can associate with triggering the pain. When I had anything cold I thought I was going to die. 

Referral: February 2015; TWH Orientation: April 2015; Social Worker: June 10, 2015: Nurse Practitioner: June 11, 2015; Nutrition Class: June 15, 2015; Psychometry Assessment: June 16, 2015; Nutrition Assessment: July 22, 2015; NP follow-up: July 28, 2015; Surgeon Consult: August 28, 2015; Surgery: November 6, 2015; Operation: VSG

Most Active
Recent Topics