What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

Patm
on 4/26/15 11:38 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thanks Zizzler. I like kiwis. I will pick some up as soon as possible. The cramps are getting really annoying

crqvingchange
on 4/27/15 6:00 am

Hey Pat, sorry about the leg cramps.  I used to get them (only in my right leg) but I found that wearing a leg warmer to bed (the kind that covers the calf) has cut them down to one every few years, whereas before I was getting them 1 every couple of days.  When it would happen my calf would go rock hard and i'd have to point my toes toward my chin and slow breath until it passed.  Then my leg would be sore for a days.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Patm
on 4/27/15 6:32 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thanks CC I will see i it helps.

Karen M.
on 4/26/15 10:55 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Awww... thanks. It's a great move forward for us and it's a joy being in love with/loved by your best friend. :)

Sorry to hear that the cramps are continuing. Mine have been worse again lately and I will be asking my Dr. about it this afternoon. Will let you know if she has any insight.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 4/26/15 11:40 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thanks Karen would love to hear what she has to say. Of course I goolged it and come up with all sorts of weird things it could be. Good I am not a complete hypochondriac. They did say it can be kidney related. So I guess that is why it is good to drink the water

Karen M.
on 4/27/15 2:02 am - Mississauga, Canada

The water is good for the kidneys and also helps ensure we're not dehydrated, which can (and does) cause intense muscle cramping. I have a known problem with potassium, so I supplement as advised, but it's altogether possible I require more. And I DO need to drink more water. I'll let you know what she has to say.

Karen

Karen M.
on 4/27/15 7:59 am - Mississauga, Canada

Well, the long and short of it is she looked at me like I was crazy and I swear I think I heard her say, "Well DUH..." due to my low potassium levels. LOL She's retesting my potassium, which will surely show low. She also suggested doing foot/toe flexing exercises immediately after removing shoes, which I will indeed try. So, after blood work to check potassium, electrolytes, etc. I'll up my potassium supplement and see what happens.

Karen

TanyaLH
on 4/26/15 9:23 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

22 months post op

steps 9368

Morning ladies and Happy Monday!

Raining here, off to work and the gym later. No other plans as of yet.

B 1/2 c ff cottage cheese w/ tomato 1 slice back bacon, ex large protein coffee

S 1 source greek yogurt

L 3 oz chicken , 3/4 c sweet kale salad

D homemade small pizza w/ cauliflower crust, 1/2 c sweet kale salad

S tea

be well everyone

Tanya

Zizzler
on 4/26/15 9:54 pm

Good morning everyone! Another work week begins!  I resolve to take my breaks this week, especially my lunch.  I need the break and do not want to get sick.

8 months post-op

B - premier protein shake, xl decaf coffee

s - detour smart protein bar blueberry

l - 2 artichoke hearts with mozzarella

s - 2 cheese strings, cucumber slices

d - St Mary's smoked oven roasted salmon pepper flavour, omg good but 6.99 per package, so a treat.  Beef veg stew.

S - Psyllium egg wrap with a little jam

all vits and water

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

kellybelly333
on 4/26/15 10:57 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning all!! Karen you guys moved in together?!! I missed that! Wonderful news!So happy for you.

I haven't had the Premier since they took out the isolate. Back to a powder. Not convenient, but I worry that it's pointless having a protein blend. Who knows though? Wish they didn't do that! 

I'm in the tapering phase for my marathon this Sunday. IT's been quite the journey. Slowly starting a carb load. Get the fuel in the tank :-)

Hope all is well with everyone!

Kelly

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active
Recent Topics