Fargo

Sandy M.
on 4/24/14 8:06 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Oh yah, we're North Dakota nice, dontcha know.  I'm headed up there tomorrow for the summer - I spend May to October an hour from Fargo on the Minnesota side.  We're nice there too ya know.  Uff Da.

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/24/14 8:14 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Oh yeah, got lots of family in Minnesota, especially in New Ulm. Just thinking about it makes me want to go home and make my favorite hotdish... 

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Sandy M.
on 4/24/14 8:17 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Does it have tater tots in it?  

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/24/14 8:35 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Can't go wrong with tatertots and ground beef! My favorite, though, is chicken thighs on the bone with wild rice, mushrooms, and cream of chicken soup, topped with slices of American cheese and crushed saltines. :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Sandy M.
on 4/24/14 8:43 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Yummo!

LosingSarah
on 4/24/14 9:29 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Hotdi****he official cuisine of the upper midwest. My mom used to often make one that has ground beef, wild rice, brown rice, mushrooms, onions, carrots, and cream of mushroom soup. Man, I don't think I've eaten this stuff in 20 years. Uff da!

LosingSarah
on 4/24/14 9:25 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Ya sure, you betcha we are super friendly dontcha know.

Funny thing is that the movie takes place in Minnesota except for one short scene in Fargo, and another short scene in Bismarck, ND. Most of it takes place in Brainerd, but Fargo just sounded better, so they went with it.

Sandy M.
on 4/24/14 9:57 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Bemidji girl, not Brainerd!  The series is set in Bemidji too, with Duluth as the "big city".  

LosingSarah
on 4/24/14 10:00 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

I meant the movie takes place in Brainerd ;)  

Yes, I love that the TV show takes place in Bemidji & Duluth. I spent my summers in and around Bemidji, and my hubby & I lived in Duluth for a few years while I got my Bachelors degree at the UMD there.

LosingSarah
on 4/24/14 9:21 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

I live in Moorhead, MN, which as you know, Sandy, is basically connected to Fargo. I can get to Fargo on my bike in like two minutes I'm so close. The funny thing is, too, is I know so many people from this area that will no****ch the movie or hate it because they find it offensive. COME ON! It's awesome, and while they exaggerate a bit they do that in all of their movies, and there really are people (usually the older generation) that really sound exactly like that.

I am a big fan of the movie Fargo, and of Coen brothers movies in general. "The Big Lebowski" is probably my favorite. Anyway, we watched the TV show with caution. I wasn't sure what to think when I read that it was being made into a TV series, but since the Coen's were somewhat involved/gave it their blessing I had to watch.

We didn't hate it. I wasn't sucked in but I enjoyed the first episode. It felt very much like it was done by the brothers although it wasn't. I will say that I didn't dig the second episode as much as the first, but I'm still going to give it a chance. I do like Billy Bob's character. He's creepy as he should be. They make him kind of "ya know, funny lookin'" (for those who've seen the movie this is one of my favorite lines from the movie used to describe Steve Buscemi's character).

Again, it felt a bit indifferent after episode two, but I will continue to tune in unless it just goes totally sour in the future. We shall see.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1083 views
Does Salt Matter?
alfred098 · 5 replies · 1150 views
Wedding preps!!!!
emilinjohn11 · 1 replies · 922 views
Best Running Idea's Outfit
emmajames · 0 replies · 790 views