on 4/9/14 12:22 pm

Kinsey Milhone and VI Warshawski

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

MrsLitch
on 4/9/14 1:35 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

As cliche as it may sound my children are my biggest inspiration. 3 of the four have a disability and I've watched them fight for everything in their life. My oldest has Cerebral Palsy and is EMH and battled a seizure disorder that we had to leave untreated medically because the only meds that stopped the seizures made her have suicidal ideations at age 8. She is now 25, lives in her own apartment (no where near close enough to me!). her attitude and fight is truly inspiring. My second daughter had a son in her teens and the day before my beautiful grandson was to be 5 months, his sperm donor suffocated him while she was at school. She stood strong through the pain and depression and fought to gain herself back from the dark hole that swallowed her, she's now 23 and married to a wonderful man, hoping to be pregnant soon. My oldest son (15) has asperger's and marches to the beat of his own drummer, always has. He is a delight to be around, he's funny, witty, smart, charismatic and one of a kind. He brightens every single day. And lastly my baby he's 14 now. He plays sports, is kind and respectful to all around him, he studies hard and has goals set in his life and a "dream plan" (think business plan) mapped out on what he needs to do to achieve his dreams for himself. He's also the one who told me "Mom, you just aren't as much fun anymore" after a vacation at my highest weight, that got me researching and led me to WLS, he's changed my life.

so yeah, okay, cliche maybe? but honestly my biggest sources of inspiration.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

AnneGG
on 4/9/14 2:01 pm

Not at all a cliche! Sounds to me like great love and inspiration both directions between you and them. That's wonderful.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/14 2:44 pm
KevinBacon
on 4/9/14 2:52 pm
VSG on 03/10/14

Wow... so much pain. 

Your children have truly blessed you. I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandson.

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

MrsLitch
on 4/10/14 5:38 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Thanks. but with all that pain has come so much joy!

AnneGG
on 4/9/14 1:53 pm, edited 4/9/14 2:10 pm

Let's see. Who and what inspires me. Hmmm-

A lot of people in my life now and in the past who have contributed and contribute so much to who I am and give me phenomenal support and love. My husband. My family. My friends. Courage. Trustworthiness. People who have a commitment to contributing and making a positive difference. Creative people. Good writing and art and music. Good teachers. Sunsets. Great thinkers. Gentleness. Possibility. Opportunity. Open mindedness. Seekers. People who overcome whatever obstacle and learn to thrive. Beauty. Kindness. Thoughtfulness. Nature. Watching and being part of my grandchildren growing. My work. Honoring and living by my values. Reading and learning. Challenges. People who have great ways of looking at and living life. Loyalty. Generosity. People who seek learning and growing and experiencing new things. Travel and experiencing other cultures and places in the world. My ex-husband. Good humor and laughter. Curiosity. Gratitude. Just plain old being alive.

My, the list does go on...

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

MrsLitch
on 4/10/14 5:40 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

That's a good list Anne. It's great to spend time finding the inspiration around us vs the ugliness that is so often evident.

Great thinkers is definitely an inspiration but Gentleness? that rocks!

KevinBacon
on 4/9/14 2:50 pm
VSG on 03/10/14

My husband is my biggest inspiration :) He's a wonderful man, but more than that he is a great leader, he's kind, and he's fair. He's also funny as hell. We were matched on a dating site as 99% compatible, and we really are. He is an incredible father, and makes me want to be a better person everyday. 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

AnneGG
on 4/9/14 9:47 pm

Pretty great being hooked up with wonderful men, isn't it? I'm happy for you- and me! And our families.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1077 views
Does Salt Matter?
alfred098 · 5 replies · 1145 views
Wedding preps!!!!
emilinjohn11 · 1 replies · 920 views
Best Running Idea's Outfit
emmajames · 0 replies · 788 views