Banded 12-08 and in need of help

MurphysMom
on 5/16/11 3:57 am - CA
On top of all the great advise everyone has already given you, I would recommend you see your primary care doctor about your depression.  Perhaps he can help with that for you.  If everything doesn't seem so bleak, you may be able to again focus on your weight.  You have been through so much, and I wish you all the best.  Hang in there.
  One day at a time, and one meal at a time, and I WILL reach my goal!  
jenstime
on 5/16/11 4:48 am - OR
Thank you everyone for your wonderful, and thoughtful advice. It always helps knowing I am not alone! I will def. put some of these into affect. I am actually going to make up a food journal log again, to help keep track of foods and water intake for a couple wks. then once I've got that down, I'll try to incorporate the exercise. Some really great advice...I will keep coming here for support and advice, thanks everyone!
Jen
Angelique J.
on 5/16/11 2:03 pm - Allentown, PA
I was feeling way unmotivated and down in the dumps depressed (diagnosed with depression and not on meds since my WLS 3-2008 but it still comes up to get me once in a while) earlier this year. I came on here and poured my heart out and felt better instantly. This board is a fantastic resource for me and I have to say by starting to exercise and eat right again I felt my band beginning to work for me again. Just keep you head up and give me a PM shout out if you ever need to vent!

HW - 366+/1stSW - 325/CW - 301/GW - 200,

Lap-banded 3-5-2008, planning for revision to RNY 

J.A.C.+M  poly w/ child

grannymedic1
on 5/19/11 12:06 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
You have gotten such good advice already that I only have one thing to add. Please, please forgive yourself for not being perfect! Perfectionism or that "all or nothing" thing will kill me. For me that is what will cause more depression, poor eating, or giving up. You are worth more than that. Be kind and take it easy on yourself. I don't mean eat what you want when you want, I mean be gentle with yourself. You have enough negatism, you need to cheer yourself on, give yourself a pat on the back for every little good thing you do. Forget the "yes but's", don't say "I had an almost good day of eating but I messed up right before bedtime, or I didn't exercise". Those things hurt an already hurting soul, you don't deserve it.

I'll start it and you fini****   Hurray for you!

Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Most Active