Magic Foods

dustycroy
on 6/5/13 4:12 am
DS on 05/14/13

Good One...lol   I've seen it in the store, and it always looks really good.  Now if they could come up with a carbless chip, that would be even better...  I think of it when Im eating my salami and cream cheese.   I'll check out the hummus, it always looked good, Ive just never tried it.  That used to be my problem, never a picky eater, and everything looked good..... Times are changing, Thank God....and I do, believe me....enlightened

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

Irishnurse
on 6/5/13 7:44 am
DS on 04/17/13

Carbless chip....try pork rinds. They are good dipped in stuff too. =) Pure protein. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

hollykim
on 6/5/13 8:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

The protein in pork rinds is collagen protein, made from pig skin ,which is pure collagen. it is not the most bioavailable form of protein,but is great for hair and nails,but for muscles,not so much.

They are y ummy when wanting something salty and crunchy,though.

meq815
on 6/5/13 10:42 am - PA

And where does one find these pork rinds?  Regular grocery?

hollykim
on 6/7/13 10:51 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

yes regular chip aisle in regular;ar grocery. sometimes they will have original flavor and barbeque flavor.

dustycroy
on 6/6/13 7:49 am
DS on 05/14/13

that sounds pretty good, I will definatly be trying that.  I love them.  thanks

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

Corbin Y.
on 6/5/13 6:41 am - New York, NY
DS on 03/26/13

Salami and cream cheese - I'll have to try that!

We often order chinese takeout, which can have all sorts of sugars in sauces and such, but I've found a new favorite thing to order - duck.  When you order 1/2 a duck, they cut it up in little pieces, some soy sauce, and yum!  The fatty skin and moist meat seems to do well for me.   A few veggies, or some creamed spinach, and I'm good to go!   I still have troubles with white meat chicken, though.

jashley
on 6/5/13 7:22 am
DS on 12/19/12

I get into the habit of eating 2 or 3 of these every morning with my coffee.  Watch out.  Super easy and cheap to make, and they are addicting.

flourless peanut butter cookies!

1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup Splenda

Mix and roll into balls (about walnut sized) and flatten with fork dipped in Splenda.  Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.  

TIPS
-Do NOT overocok -- they will get crumbly since there's no gluten
-Peanut butter is naturally low sugar - the low sugar kind only reduces it by 1g per serving.
-I do full-splenda in the cookies, and roll in regular sugar and that's good too. 

I've also added semi-sweet chocolate chips to shake things up.

meq815
on 6/5/13 10:43 am - PA

wowwwwwwweeeeeeeee....sounds scrumptious!

Irishnurse
on 6/5/13 7:47 am, edited 6/5/13 7:48 am
DS on 04/17/13

Garlic chicken with broccoli sets well in my tummy. Also just baked chicken with BBQ sauce. Cheesy eggs always set well with me. Peanut butter and cheeses too. Actually the only issues I have had are with carbs. I can pretty much eat anything other than carbs and sugary foods. 

I am going to try that hummus with pork rinds. It sounds so delicious. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 979 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 441 views