What a month!

Diane Davis
on 9/18/11 3:49 am
Thank you so much for your advice!  Will give it a try. Everything sounded good to me at first, now nothing sounds good to me.  Will be glad when this phase passes (I think! LOL).

Your support means a lot, thank you!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
Elizabeth N.
on 9/17/11 1:55 am - Burlington County, NJ
Sounds like you're progressing right on schedule, except for the infection thing, which is a bummer.

STAY OFF THE F-ING SCALE ALREADY!!!!!!!!! You're HEALING, not losing weight. Give it another month. I mean it. Get the scale out of the house.

What are you taking for the nausea? Are you on an acid reducer? I don't know why that makes a difference in nausea, but it almost always does.

Screw food and push fluids. How much are you getting in per day? It might transform your life to go get a couple bags of IV fluids. Even very mild dehydration makes me sick as a dog.

Hang in there, you're going to be GREAT.

Diane Davis
on 9/18/11 3:56 am
Thanks EN, I know, I know, I need to leave the scales alone!  Some habits are just so darn hard to break, ya know!

I'm getting in at least 64oz a day most days, but I would like to get in more.  I've really been pushing the fluids the last 3 days, and I've noticed the skin on the back of my hand is returning more rapidly.  Maybe I'm going to be alright.  If my legs take on that awful leaded feeling again, I am definitly going to go get some IV fluids.

My first postop diet/surg visit is in the morning, will see what my surgeon has to say bout things.

Thanks so much EN, you know (even though it ruins your image) I think you're the greatest and your support means everything to me.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
Elizabeth N.
on 9/18/11 6:30 am - Burlington County, NJ
Oh well, there have to be *****s in my ***** image sometime :-).

You sound like you could benefit from a bag or two, if you can't continue to push the fluids harder. I would dry up and blow away at only 64 oz., which many medical people find ludicrous. *shrug* I've consumed that much most mornings before I leave the house.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 978 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 440 views