The burning anus

sweetpotato1959
on 8/4/11 2:53 pm
 You can also use  that olive oil to coat the area that is burning..it protects if from further irritation, works great for piles too.
litebrite
on 8/4/11 8:52 am - Telford, PA
Ok, maybe this is a stupid question but I have no idea.  I have read a few posts about fissures.  Why do those who get DS get them?  Can they be prevented?

thank you for any answers
DS on 8/15/11

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/11 10:30 am
 I'm pretty sure you have to be prediposed to getting them, the DS will not cause you to get fissures.
I don't have them, we just have a habit here on the board to ask about what comes along, because someone always has a good answer, doesn't mean though that it has anything to do with the DS.
beemerbeeper
on 8/4/11 11:30 am, edited 8/4/11 11:30 am - AL
Inge,

I thought they were sometimes (often?) from constipation secondary to the DS or secondary to the Calcium/Iron doses we have to take or from loose stools secondary to the DS???  Am I mistaken?

~Becky

Nina E.
on 8/6/11 11:28 pm

Burning butt only comes from eating to many refined white flour stuff and sugar for days and days on end. When i eat high protein, high fat, mod complex carbs and watch my refined everything else i do not get burning butt.  Eat pure protein and fat for a few days and watch it go right away. If you do not eat the way I described you will suffer from this forever. Def get rid of the juice and maybe the coffees if you are putting sugar in them. I use loads and loads of artificial sweeteners (all brands) and do not get burning butt, so i know i am not affected by artificial sweeteners.

I poop x1 a day. some days not at all. The only folks I know who poop all the time and have loose burning stools eat way too many carbs.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but you are in for a world of hurt if you don't change your eating habits.

also, if you feel suddenurges to poop like diarreah then when you actually poop you have to strain like you have constipation and all that comes out is little wormy looking things this is also a HUGE indicator you are abusing carbs.

Hope this helps because nothing, but eating right will stop what I call squishy butt, I am in hell syndrome. I am almost 3 years out and I have had squishy butt exacty 2 times this year. I avoiad it at all cost. It takes me about 3 days of eating badly to develop it.

Good luck to you!!  

Nina ~~   BMI was 52, now 26.1 (normal). From size 26/28 to 10 pants and 2xl/24 shirt to xs/sm shirts. SW/CW/surgean Goal/mynew GW 322/161/180/165     I Heart MY DS!!

TheAlps
on 8/7/11 12:37 am - Atlanta, GA
My fissure came years ago when taking morphine for a wound that would not heal on my leg. The constipation from the morphine did it.nAnd it never fully healed so when I got the DS and had many poops it exacerbated it and something had to be done.

Thanks for all the great replies everyone! Your advice isntruly helpful!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 1:42 am
 The DS diet can be a fairly low-residue diet for meat & taters kind of people.  There is no fiber in protein or fat and many don't eat a lot of complex carbs in order to conserve precious space for protein.  Low residue diets can equate to hemorrhoids, fissures, diverticulosis, diverticulitis, rectal prolapse, among other things.  Monitor your fiber intake and pu**** upwards of 30-35 grams daily as tolerated.  This will help a lot in the long run.  It's not a cure-all, but a great preventative.  That, along with limiting simple carbs/sugars, may very well help cut down on the watery bowel movements you're having. 

Do you take a proton pump inhibitor to block stomach acid?  
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1046 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1203 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 498 views