DS Friends - Could you pls connect with RNY poster?

Katie K.
on 6/1/11 1:51 pm - Grand Haven, MI
Tammy...
How awesome that you were able to do your research and see for yourself what all of your options are..

I might add.. I noticed that you suffer from RA. While I do not have RA I have significant arthirits in my knees and my lower back. With RNY you CANNOT EVER AGAIN take NSAIDS (Anti-inflammatories) now... can you im

With DS... you can have your NSAIDS.
That was one of the major selling points for me.

Good luck.. you know.. you fought this hard to get where you are now.. a few more steps to make the change is miniscule compared to what you have already been through...!!

"Nobody will fault you for trying" - My mother
Seminar: 1/8/2011. Initial Appt: 1/27/2011. Behaviorist: 1/31.2011. Surgeon 1/31/2011
Sleep Study: 2/7/2011.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

kahlana
on 6/1/11 1:54 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Wouldn't getting all of her tests and records transferred to a DS surgeon be just like getting all her other records sent to another doc? What I mean is that when I changed my pcp to the one I currently have they faxed a request for my medical records to my prior pcp and tada! 2 days later the entire packet was delivered by fedex. Would not the same thing apply to a weight loss surgeon switch up?
J J the Jet Plane
on 6/1/11 4:38 pm
Usually there is no problem, but I switched surgeons and had a heck of time getting records for some reason.  All it takes is one irresponsible medical records employee to mess something that simple up. My bet she is talking about the hassle of starting over, and trying to get all the pieces to the right people and get approved without having to start over with tests, evals.etc.
Just me thinking.
JJ

Elizabeth N.
on 6/1/11 11:11 pm - Burlington County, NJ

Amy R.
on 6/2/11 12:59 am
That is SO cute Elizabeth!  WHERE do you keep getting all of those cute pictures? 
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 6/2/11 1:32 am
icanhascheeseburger.com

also

cuteoverload.com

I love those sites.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Elizabeth N.
on 6/2/11 9:05 am - Burlington County, NJ
Google Images and whatever keywords seem appropriate for what I want to find :-).

Katie K.
on 6/2/11 2:15 am - Grand Haven, MI
My MIL was an RN for 35 years... she has learned not to count on the "system" to transfer her records.. she gets a copy of everything and takes it herself..

"Nobody will fault you for trying" - My mother
Seminar: 1/8/2011. Initial Appt: 1/27/2011. Behaviorist: 1/31.2011. Surgeon 1/31/2011
Sleep Study: 2/7/2011.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tammy G.
on 6/2/11 7:46 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
 Well, looks like the DS is out.  After numerous phone calls to every doc in Tx who does the DS, none of them take my insurance.  I can't self pay.  I can't not have surgery---I MUST get some weight off before I croak.  So I'm proceeding with the RNY, even though I am aware that it is not the very best surgery for me--it is still better than no surgery and no weight loss.  I write this with a heavy heart, but I will be okay and this will be ok.

I did have a very long conversation with my surgeon's office, voicing all my concerns.  I was listened to and validated.  I feel confident that everything will work out to maybe not the best outcome, but a better outcome vs no change.
MsBatt
on 6/2/11 8:08 am
Are you willing to travel out of state? and do yu have both Medicare AND Medicaid? I KNOW there are DS surgeons who take Medicare.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 988 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1173 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 453 views