More exercise

catwoman7
on 9/2/16 5:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

my usual exercises are water aerobics, TRX, and yoga - but I'll sometimes try different things for a change like dance, swimming laps, pilates.  I do like dance-based classes - but a lot of them don't work with my schedule.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Insert Fitness
on 9/2/16 8:06 am

I replied yesterday, but I have no idea where it went! Sorry if this is a repeat!

Im still pre-op, so I can't speak to energy levels, but a few months ago I took swimming lessons. I love it! Once I'm cleared to get back in the pool, I'll be all over it!

my gym also has yoga. If you're new, I'd suggest a hatha or gentle yoga class. I'd also suggest getting there a little early to get a good spot front and centre and ask the instructor to include modifications when leading the practice. Most already do, but it's a good reminder.

when cleared, I'll also get back into strength training. You don't need a personal trainer every work out, but buying a couple of hours to set you up with a routine, and show you how to lift safe is worth it. If that's not in the budget, there are so many YouTube videos you can watch and learn from. 

Good luck! 

JaxLiving
on 9/3/16 6:31 am - Spanish Fort, AL
RNY on 05/27/16

I love group classes at the gym -- Pound, Body Pump, Zumba, Kickboxing, HIIT! The time seems to fly by, and the group thing keeps me motivated! The competitive part of me doesn't want to ever be outdone, so the classes motivate me to keep up with the people around me! I also like to add weight machines to my workout for toning! If I can't make it to a class, I like to walk or run on the treadmill. If I walk, I do about 3.6 miles/hour at a 9 elevation or higher. You burn a ton of calories that way!

SW:223, CW: 134.2; GW: 125, RNY: 5/27/16

Most Active