Wednesday B*TCHFest - hey ho, let's go!

Alklein12
on 5/20/15 1:26 pm - Beverly, MA

I want to thank you as well for this feed because sometimes it just feels good to rant to people who understand and feel your pain.

* whole heartedly agree with everyone about walking in the middle of the street when you need to drive down it, seriously you see me, but hey walk a little bit slower because really there isn't anyplace I need to be.

* My husband doing his best to annoy me while he works from home today, any questions I ask him he feels the need to repeat the answer at least 5 times like he is 6 years old. For example just saying "no, no, no, no" My 8 year old is more mature than him at the moment. I seriously want to smack him upside his head and go about my business.

* I love my son dearly, but really, why does he feel the need to repeat everything that we say? I know you are 7 and its part of the age of growing up, but do you have to? Can't you please just listen the first time I ask you to stop?

* I need to go find a dress for my sisters bridal shower that is like a week and a half away, and my husband is giving me such sh*t about it, and I'm just like dude what is the big deal! you know what day it is, you know I need to look presentable, WTF! Leave me alone.

VSG 4/23/15  GOAL 130LBS

jaxie77
on 5/20/15 5:20 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

A close friend of mine who is recently , constantly making comments about the old me in an extremely insulting way , like she thinks it's ok now cos I've lost a tonne of weight ! Examples : " I was thinking this year it will be great cos now I'll have someone to go Canoeing or Kayaking with on the lake , cos let's face it , you'd never have even fit in one before ! Snort snort .. "     says to my hubby the other night ...." how you liking your new wife eh ? Half the woman she used to be , you must be just loving this !"  .......and a whOle other bunch of little snide comments about " now that youre not stuffing your face with like 5000 calories a day  " ......( really ? is that all I did before ?) .....and now that I'm " normal and can shop in 'normal ' stores with her " ! Like seriously .....I know that maybe all these things are true , but don't insult the person I was . It's still me .....all your doing is making me feel like you thought I was just a total freakshow who sat around shoveling food in my gob all day long and wasn't a normal wife /mother /friend ....because I was fat ! And also , is this all the things you wanted to say before , but didn't ? ........Yeah ...making me feel like I need to re evaluate this friendship . Already pulling back a bit . Thanks for the rant ! 

Jax x

Pokemom
on 5/20/15 6:18 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

I agree.  Time to reevaluate.  That is not friendly behavior. Not at all.

newslim2015
on 5/26/15 1:40 pm

What?????? this bi(*&^h is not your friend, let her go!!! she needs a brain surgery...Tell her that now that you're half a person u use to be you don't need a half brained friend around you....BYE!!!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/20/15 6:40 pm

One more: door-to-door religion salesmen. ******s. 

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

KathyA999
on 5/20/15 4:32 pm, edited 5/20/15 4:34 pm

Professional publications - newspapers, magazines - that let the most egregious grammar and spelling errors get by.  Does NO ONE know the rules anymore?  Does NO ONE actually read the copy before they click the publish button?  Split infinitives (especially the horrible "to not do" something - it's "not to do," people!), missing words, homonyms (fair for fare in the food section, for example), misspellings, GAAA! 

People who don't pick up their dog's poop.  Really?  I walk my dog twice a day, poopie bag in hand.  Everywhere we turn, there's dog poop moldering on the sidewalk or on someone's grass.  And then there's the mysterious person who actually picks the poop up, ties off the bag, then leaves it there.  WTF - is that supposed to be better???

Speaking of walking, what's up with teenagers these days? Everywhere we go, people are friendly, smile, say hello or wave, sometimes stop to talk about the dog - with one uniform exception, teenagers.  They are solemn, silent, gaze averted, earbuds firmly in place.  They are distracted and hapless in the face of a friendly "hello" and a smile.  I know, I know, it's an awkward phase.  But shouldn't mom and dad teach them something about how to interact with adults?  Some charm and manners?  I remember my parents did have a modest requirement for how we were to interact with their friends, what happened in the last 50 years?  Ah hell, maybe I'm just crotchety.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

zann50
on 5/21/15 5:05 am
On May 20, 2015 at 11:32 PM Pacific Time, KathyA999 wrote:

Professional publications - newspapers, magazines - that let the most egregious grammar and spelling errors get by.  Does NO ONE know the rules anymore?  Does NO ONE actually read the copy before they click the publish button?  Split infinitives (especially the horrible "to not do" something - it's "not to do," people!), missing words, homonyms (fair for fare in the food section, for example), misspellings, GAAA! 

People who don't pick up their dog's poop.  Really?  I walk my dog twice a day, poopie bag in hand.  Everywhere we turn, there's dog poop moldering on the sidewalk or on someone's grass.  And then there's the mysterious person who actually picks the poop up, ties off the bag, then leaves it there.  WTF - is that supposed to be better???

Speaking of walking, what's up with teenagers these days? Everywhere we go, people are friendly, smile, say hello or wave, sometimes stop to talk about the dog - with one uniform exception, teenagers.  They are solemn, silent, gaze averted, earbuds firmly in place.  They are distracted and hapless in the face of a friendly "hello" and a smile.  I know, I know, it's an awkward phase.  But shouldn't mom and dad teach them something about how to interact with adults?  Some charm and manners?  I remember my parents did have a modest requirement for how we were to interact with their friends, what happened in the last 50 years?  Ah hell, maybe I'm just crotchety.

Oh...I love your rant!!  I wish to add the use of the word "got" instead of "have" along with the frequent spelling of realize.  Many folks use a S instead of a Z.  Could that be a British spelling??

I am not the grammar genius.  I believe I am just old enough to remember a few rules and have ears that still hear my grandmother's corrections.

Zann

VGS- 2015

Bette B.
on 5/21/15 11:42 am

And then there's the mysterious person who actually picks the poop up, ties off the bag, then leaves it there.  WTF - is that supposed to be better???

Have you been walking in my neighborhood?

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

MyLady Heidi
on 5/22/15 10:55 am

Hmmm let's see I moved to Southern California and it's actually warmer in Connecticut.  Seems a little lame.  My life has become magical, I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

justcuriousaroundct
on 5/29/15 4:17 pm

and to think it only took destroying one person's life in the process nothing to complain about

Most Active