If you are getting ready to have weight loss surgery please read.

Steffan467
on 6/16/14 10:37 am

Well obviously they didn't get away with making me not have the surgery.  It pretty much became a family war over my body.  Well, as you can tell it has been years.  I am alive and well.  Happier then I was before surgery.  I was just trying tell the lady to lay off of her friend or she was gonna lose her.  Thanks for all your input.  The picture of my son and I remember so clearly.  Every morning I would get up and weigh myself.  He would weigh himself.  He couldn't wait until I lost as much as he weighed.  That is why my hair is such a mess.  We just got up.  The morning I lost 73 lbs he was so excited and said "MOM YOU LOST A WHOLE JOSH".  I thought that was so cute.  I ended up sending it in to OH and I was in the magazine.  Had I known I was gonna be in the magazine I would of at least combed my hair.   :)  Well, I guess it was very in the moment and he was so proud.  

Brenda

223/112/123  11 lbs under goal.  Normal weight.  My blog shows from the beginning of my journey  http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/steffan467/blog_page,9/
I have Lost a Whole Josh
Ilostajosh2.jpg picture by Steffan6699      \ http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/steffan467/blog_page,9/

Cheshirecatz
on 6/18/14 3:56 am

I am in the very first stages of this process....just completed the online seminar and am waiting to hear from the Dr's office.....wondering about whether or not insurance will pay _any_ of it....if not it may not happen.....but....my question(and my greatest fear!) is how bad is my skin going to be sagging after this! I'm slightly terrified by that prospect but I'm miserable where I am so I guess one demon is no worse than another.   You look great.......this is a personal question and you don't have to acknowledge if I'm stepping over the line...but have you had or felt that you needed cosmetic procedures to "take up the slack"?    I have joint and back issues but no other comorbid conditions......I am disabled by my joint pain and had to leave work because I can't walk farther than the mailbox....and some days not that far because my hips and knees hurt so badly.

I wish you the best, you look AH-mazing and your story is very encouraging....thank you!

cheshirecatz

Steffan467
on 6/18/14 4:45 am

I am not sure how much you are going to lose.  Don't know what your beginning weight was or ending weight will be.  That makes a difference.  The rate of weight you lose also makes a difference.  If you lose at a slower pace your body has a little more time to adjust.  I lost a little over 100 lbs when I had my tt.  It was actually comical when I took a bath all my skin would float to the top and I could feel all my bones.  Your body does adjust after a year or so at your stable weight.  My arms are a bit saggy but with armlifts it would go away for sure.  Build muscle and they would be fine.  Now my tummy is a different story.  I did have it hang over and caused me rash after rash.  Finally my family doc sent me to a plastic surgeon.  He couldn't control the rash so my tt was covered.  It sure changed my self image.  I can handle a little hanging on my arms but my belly was an embarresment. sp.  I am not suppose to lift weights or I would but I have a weight limit because of my back.  So I just don't wear sleeveless clothes except at home.  Good luck

brenda

223/112/123  11 lbs under goal.  Normal weight.  My blog shows from the beginning of my journey  http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/steffan467/blog_page,9/
I have Lost a Whole Josh
Ilostajosh2.jpg picture by Steffan6699      \ http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/steffan467/blog_page,9/

Cheshirecatz
on 6/18/14 11:55 am

Brenda....thank you for your honesty......I need to lose 80 lbs to get to a "normal" BMI at 36 now....I'm going to be 55 this year so that makes my skin less snap-back-able...not sure that's a word, lol! I have problems with _all_ my joints and I have two herniated disc in my lower back so weight lifting is not very plausible for me.....I'm squeamish about public pools but I'm trying to get over that to go to the YMCA for water aerobics.....and I do have a treadmill but I can't walk very far at a time. I'll be on the phone with Medicare tomorrow to see what I can find out about coverage with them since I know my group policy does not cover it.....(and I'll be saving for the tt and "lift" I hope I'm going to need!)........ wish me luck....Thanks again!!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/14 5:12 am
VSG on 12/16/14

Which surgery did you have?

Most Active