Hello West Virginia is there anybody out there?

brenda_m
on 9/9/13 10:45 am - Renick, WV

Just checking in with you to see if you had your surgery yet? How ya doing?

Tisme
on 6/4/13 8:52 am
On May 15, 2013 at 12:06 PM Pacific Time, brenda_m wrote:

Hi everyone!!

I hope this forum could be a little more active. Anyway, Im pre-op and working on my 6 month stuff before surgery. I live in Greenbrier Co. WV. I meet with my surgeon 1st time on friday, may,17th. Cant wait to get the ball rolling. Im having my surgery done in Huntington, Cabell Huntington Hosp. Is anyone out there who wants to be friends or share experiences? Please let me know.

Is the 6 month stuff required by Dr. Nease or your insurance company?

If you don't mind me asking what is the 6 month things?

brenda_m
on 6/5/13 9:26 am - Renick, WV

Im on medicare and they require the 6 month diet and exercise. Also Dr. Nease wanted me to be down to 350 before surgery. My BMI has to be between 55-60 for him to be able to do it laproscopic. Hes such a good doc. Came very highly recommended by a patient of his that I know. I cant wait to get the next 3 months over with so I can start my new life. I have 50 more lbs to lose. Ive had the seminar, the NUT class and today had my EKG. I go for my psych eval in Beckley on friday. More tests next week. Then I will have it all done. Just have to get this 50 lbs off.

Barbara1978
on 9/9/13 8:40 am

Im on disability medicaid  and going to be medicare before 2 long. They approved you for WLS with medicare?  thank you

brenda_m
on 9/9/13 10:37 am - Renick, WV

I had my last visit with my PCP this morning. 6 months of diet and exercise done and being submitted to my surgeon. I went to see him a few weeks ago and he scheduled me for surgery. He was very happy with my progress and decided to schedule me without approval. So he must feel pretty confident about me being approved. Ive had people on here tell me there is no pre-approval for medicare as far as the 6 month diet and exercise but I believe here in WV there is. Im scheduled for the 21st of Oct. I really dont think I will have any problems getting approved. Im down 73 lbs since the 1st week in April. Dr. Nease wanted me to get my BMI down between 55-60. I started at 70. Im currently at 59. So by the time surgery comes around, Im hoping to be even lower.

rxtech932002
on 7/9/13 11:12 am - Dunbar, WV
VSG on 02/26/14

Hi Brenda,

Im from Charleston and was originally going to Dr Shin until I lost my insurance through CAMC so I could only go to Dr Shin due to CAMC insurance requirements. However during my 1 yr checkup with my cardiologist he recommended Dr Nease so they are calling me in a referral to him. My mom has a friend that Dr Nease did weight loss surgery on her and her husband and they got amazing results. Even though it is an hr from me Im hoping my husbands insurance through Kroger will cover Cabell Huntington.

brenda_m
on 7/9/13 11:33 am - Renick, WV

Hi there,

Dr Nease came very highly recommended. After meeting him and going thru the seminar, he seems very trustworthy. You can check him out on cabell huntingtons website. And cabell is a COE (center of excellence) facility. I have 2 more months of the 6 month diet and exercise so I can have surgery. Im sure you will love Dr Nease. Good Luck and keep us posted.

by the way, I am 4 hrs away from him. Might wanna check with your ins. co just to make sure they cover WLS and what the requirements are. Maybe you can get started on your pre-op stuff.

rxtech932002
on 9/20/13 1:26 pm - Dunbar, WV
VSG on 02/26/14

CAMC is a center of bariactric excellence too. I decided against Dr. Nease while he is a good doc. Huntington is an hr away from me here in Charleston and with my cardiac history I didnt want to chance it if something did go wrong some strange cardiac dr taking care of me. Camc is also where i had my open heart surgery and my heart caths done so they have record of my cardiac history and all  my cardiologist would have to do i go across the river. Which is alot easier than an hr away. Which surgery are you having?

kisersassy
on 5/16/13 12:21 am - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12

Hi Brenda,

I am 6 1/2 months post op.  I had my surgery in Charleston with Dr. Shin.  I live in Raleigh Co. Good luck it may seem at first the 6 months pre op goes by slow, but it really does go fast. If you have any questions I will be more than happy to help.

Rhonda

brenda_m
on 6/5/13 9:13 am - Renick, WV

Thanks so much Rhonda. I know Dr. Shin. He took out my gall bladder. Nice man. Dr. Nease came highly recommended so I decided to go with him. Glad theres someone else here. Keep in touch. and congrats. I hope to have my surgery in Sept. Im 3 months into the diet and exercise. Ive lost 38 lbs since the beginning of April.

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2024 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4723 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6329 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5655 views