How long have you taken antacid and / or anti-nausea medicine after your surgery?

happyteacher
on 7/12/14 4:43 am

I was on anti-nausea.  First, the patch wore off by day three.  I stopped taking the other stuff maybe a week or so after.  Antacids- not really an issue for me, so I only take them every so often when I realize that I "feel" hungry, but shouldn't feel that way due to the timing of the last meal. In my case, the only way I know acid is an issue is by this false hunger feeling. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

INgirl
on 7/12/14 7:38 am

Nausea meds- only needed them till the spinal narcotics wore off- good thing, no real pain for a couple days post-op, bad thing.. I'm intolerant to narcotics/opiates. 

PPI, same dose pre-op and post op for 10+ years.. 10mg  of generic prilosec 2x a day. I've weaned off by stair-stepping slowly over a month and using a H2 blocker pre-op before but always had break through acid.. and still have the same issue no better or worse since surgery. No hernia found, so likely a life-long med for me.

Tome-Cat
on 7/12/14 7:55 am

Hey everyone, thanks for your replies.  It sounds like it's just different for everyone and I'm going to have to figure my situation out.  But still, it's nice to know that many of you don't need one or the other.   Thanks again!

Rich

high weight (HW): 295, start of fluid diet: 289, surgery weight (SW): 277, Goal: 195

Most Active