Happy times from a woman in progress

csbsteph
on 7/8/14 3:13 pm, edited 7/8/14 3:26 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

Sometimes if you're feeling a little low or not losing as much as you think you should be...go try on some of your former bigger clothes.  On a whim I just tried on some of my older levis jeans that I used to not be able to get over my thighs & hurray some of em are way too big now.  The ones that now fit are size 16 & I even have a very loose pair of size 14 dress capris -they are elastic in the waist & are actually getting baggy.  I've cleaned out my closet at least once every two weeks & need to go on another thrift store outing for some new tops.  I bought myself some shorts the other day that I can get on but they're tight so it's gonna be fun trying them on each week waiting on them to finally fit.  I have plans to pass on my jeans to my Mom that no longer fit; sometimes this can be a bit iffy because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by giving them my former big clothes; usually I just send them all to a christian outreach center who has a thrift store called the foundry.  I also am going through this phase where I no longer ever want to wear uncomfortable shoes...even when I reach goal.  I've crammed my poor dogs into too high & too narrow heels for too many years so my Mom has been happy to get some of my shoes.  Still waiting on my big ole feet to shrink & still wearing a 10 wide they may never shrink like some other folks do & that's okay.  I do have several pairs of amazing boots that I hope to someday actually be able to zip over my calves - some of them I had when I was 170 - 180 pounds several years ago but my calves have always been big; had lots of muscles way back in the day when I walked all the time.  Just a happy Mamma over here dreaming of the day when things I still own & love fit & basking in happiness over the things that are now way too big that I can bag up & pass along.  About to have to spend all of our clothing allowance on back to school clothes for my daughter but I am planning a shopping spree when I hit 100 pounds lost; down 63 pounds so far with my weigh in being Friday.  If I could bottle up how good this feels I would but I will be sure to re-read this again if I'm having a down day.  Forgot to add my starting jean size was 24 & is now 16 with those 1 special pair of baggy 14 elastic waist capris & my starting shirt size was 3-4X now down to an XL.

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

Laura in Texas
on 7/8/14 10:02 pm

Awesome!! Keep it up!! I love Levi's. When I was losing, I always bought one size smaller than what I was wearing. It was always so exciting when they fit!!

P.S. My feet and calves never really shrank 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

csbsteph
on 7/9/14 1:04 am - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

Thanks Laura : )

happyteacher
on 7/11/14 11:56 pm

My feet dropped 1.5 sizes, but weirdly my calves didn't really lose any.  In my youth I had very slim calves too, so I am surprised at how meaty they stayed. Be patient- it took quite a while for the shoe size to drop. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

megan.sherman
on 7/8/14 10:15 pm
VSG on 05/17/14

It's so crazy, isn't it?  I saved one pair of my size 32 jeans just so I can remember.  I just got rid of my favorite zip up hoodie that was a 4x.  I was still wearing it but it looked really bad.  I could zip it up around me and my 11 year old.  :)

Keep up the great work!

csbsteph
on 7/9/14 1:05 am - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

Thanks Meagan, yeah I kinda wish I would've saved the biggest pair of jeans & my huge 3x hoodie that I once loved...but I was just so happy to send the away.  It would have been nice to have kept for pics later on.

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/14 10:37 pm - Canada

Clothing and shoes have become a real joy for me too!  My feet went from a 10W to a 9 normal so don't fret they will get smaller.  I was an 8 1/2 when I was younger and this size.  I've also gone from a 22/24 pant to a size 8 and feeling like a 6 is close on the horizon.  I can fit into pretty much any boot now and I couldn't when I was younger and around this weight, I too had shapely calves.  I guess that's a good part of getting older lol, less collegan and things that were always lush are now boney (you should see my butt lol!!!!).

Enjoy every new size it really is the best NSV! You are doing so wonderful!

csbsteph
on 7/9/14 1:07 am - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

I LOVE reading about all your NSV's & am so happy you're finally feeling much better.  When I wasn't so big before I could wear a size 9 1/2 shoe so well see...I've always had big feet.

Kelly Jean
on 7/9/14 1:27 am
VSG on 04/08/14

great idea about trying on every so often... i wish i would have thought of that !!!! I tried on a few dresses the other day that were way to tights back in the day and they by passed me ... I never got to wear them!!!! my fault Im a hoarder with clothes.... I have almost every size!!! I love to shop!!! but now its out with the to bigg and in with the fits right or will fit just right!!!

My shoe size was a 9 9 1/2 now I can actually fit in 8 1/2 woot woot ... pants was 18 now 10 or 12 skirts med and and shirts med was a x large!!!! life is awesome isnt it lady!!!!

Kelly

csbsteph
on 7/10/14 11:37 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

YEP AWESOME! LOVE it every time I try stuff on.  Wish I would've saved my biggest pair of jeans but I was so happy to get rid of em.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views