Stopping When You're Full

Bufflehead
on 1/16/14 12:30 am, edited 1/16/14 12:33 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I've never thrown up or had chest pain, thank goodness. I did have the slimies once from over-eating - one of the very first days I moved to purees from liquids, I used the wrong measuring spoon for my yogurt and accidentally ate too much. At that point my stomach wasn't completely healed (3 1/2 weeks out) and I was still learning what my full signals were. Slimies are disgusting, I do not recommend them to anyone!

My full signals are that I start to lose interest in the food and desire to eat it, and then my nose starts to run. I try to pay close attention to how I am feeling emotionally about what I am eating and to stop as soon as that inner voice tells me it doesn't want me to eat any more. If I miss that and my nose starts to run, I stop immediately.

I am 7 months out.

And oh yeah, I know how much I am allowed to eat at each meal (3 oz.) and I measure that out first. I would never eat more than that, the only question is do I need to stop before I get to 3 ounces because I am full? That's what I am always watchful for.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views