OT: What to ask in a tattoo parlor

ruggie
on 5/18/13 8:35 am - Sacramento, CA

How is the symbol for WLS a butterfly???

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

slimpickins5280
on 5/18/13 8:42 am - CO

Metamorphosis maybe?

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

cajunlady1958
on 5/18/13 9:34 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
The symbol of a caterpillar turning into a butterfly. Us going from our old selves into our new shape and our life.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Calking
on 5/18/13 4:08 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

I personally would ask ... why the heck am I here?

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

frisco
on 5/18/13 4:39 pm

Tramp Stamp ?

Hah!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

sfnativewm
on 5/19/13 8:23 am

I use HangTown Tattoo in old town placerville.  They will answer any question you might have and they have a ton of samples and ideas to help you design for you.    

Good luck!

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

sarapilar
on 5/19/13 2:04 pm, edited 5/19/13 2:09 pm
VSG on 02/21/13

I don't have any tattoos, but I play one on TV.  What do I mean by that?  I lived in San Fran for 13 years and all of my friends were Rockabilly cats and kittens, covered in tattoos...all from the mid 90s, before it was even trendy.  My good friend (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunnybuick/) used to work at Goldfield's in North Beach, and she is now a famous tattoo artist in Paris.  I think you should check it out, they do great work there and it is vintage inspired.  I think finding 'the best' artist is the thing you should look for more than anything else.  I mean, this is truly artwork that will be on your body until the day you die, so go find the best **artist** - and I really mean that -  available.  Someone who can paint canvases amazingly well, someone who is a painter, and a tattoo artist, like my friend.

Here ya go:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/goldfields-tattoo-studio-san-francis co

K.U.P.!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Ladyazblue
on 5/20/13 2:04 am - Palm Springs, CA

I got a huge back tattoo to start off this amazing journey!

Make sure it's some who knows exactly what they're doing!

Look at the portfolio and the work they've done and get a good vibe from the person. 

I love mine and it always reminds me to never ever go back to being large. (I'm down 117 Pounds)

Take a vicodin before or ask them to use lydocaine gel on you skin.

Cheers!!

SW: 265 CW:125  Sleeved on 10-10-2012

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views