Ask Ruggie

sleevegirl
on 12/10/12 8:02 am - Austin, TX

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

If I just stop eating and drinking for a few days will this final freaking half of a pound go away before I'm hospitalized?

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

ruggie
on 12/10/12 9:32 am - Sacramento, CA

Ah, I love chemistry tricks!  Glues will either require oxygen to set - no oxygen in the bottle, won't set.  So you'll see these in glues with tubes that shrink down as you use them.  The other glues will have a volatile solvent in them that keeps the glue from setting (like watering something down), but the solvent will quickly dry in air, leaving the glue behind which then will be concentrated enough to set (like Elmer's glue).

Probably, but dehydration can be a real ***** and then you're just going to store the weight you eat after hospitalization.  Not recommended.  Just ignore it - once you do, you'll suddenly lose three pounds because that's how life works.

sleevegirl
on 12/10/12 9:42 am - Austin, TX

Glue. Heh. You said Elmer's. Now I kind of want to rub it on my hands, wait for it to dry and then peel it off.

Oh come on... you all know you did it too as kids. Right? RIGHT? Well, a few of you ate paste for sure...

Dammit, I knew you'd say that. Stupid half pound. Maybe if I shave my head...

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

ruggie
on 12/10/12 10:51 am - Sacramento, CA

Keep the hair.  Go have a family drama or such, that half-pound will go.

sleevegirl
on 12/10/12 10:53 am - Austin, TX

Oh, you've met my in-laws, I see. They are having some drama. I'm ignoring them and letting my husband deal with it. Maybe I should go start a fight with my insane redneck sister... Hmmm...

sheranfour
on 12/10/12 8:42 am

Will Twinkies ever come back? My Surgeon says I have to eat 1 carb with every protein and Twinkies are carbs!!!

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
sleevegirl
on 12/10/12 8:55 am - Austin, TX

Oh honey... don't eat the Twinkies. Go straight for the Swiss Rolls. They are chocolate with the cream AND they are rolled up AND covered in some chocolate food like substance. Never settled for a twinkie when you can have a REAL carb.

Auveca
on 12/11/12 9:42 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

I knew I loved you!  Swiss cake rolls have the perfect cream to cake ratio, covered in chocolate.  Yummmmmm.

Why am i here again??

sleevegirl
on 12/11/12 9:52 pm - Austin, TX

For support.

Duh.

ruggie
on 12/10/12 9:35 am - Sacramento, CA

If you're allowed to eat 1 carb with every meal, then you may have 1/27th of a Twinkie with a meal.  Twinkies will come back because money is involved and people can't easily recreate them in their kitchen.

Now please watch one of my favorite Youtube channels, Gloves and Boots, who look at a world without Twinkies.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views