Give me your ready to drink protein recommendations!

tripmom02
on 8/29/11 7:20 am - NJ
 You really want to avoid the Special K protein shakes, they are FULL of carbs and sugar and it's not worth it for the amount of protein that you get from them. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

sunnymicki
on 8/29/11 6:32 am
Someone else mentioned the Oh Yeah drinks.  I haven't tried them yet, but I found this sample pack that you can order:

www.issresearch.com/osb/itemdetails.cfm

The price, even with shipping, is much cheaper/bottle than buying by the case, so its a pretty good option if you want to try them out.
emelar
on 8/29/11 6:58 am - TX
No, there are no RTD that taste like Premier.  Premier is the only one I like, thick or thin.

I started using the powders from Optimum Nutrition Gold.  They dissolve well and taste okay.  I haven't met a protein, RTD or powder, to get excited about, but the Gold is drinkable....and in hot coffee, it's pretty tasty.
carrierae
on 8/29/11 9:23 am - WA
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Pure Protein Strawberry. I am not a chocolate fan in any way so I dont know how they compare but the 35g of protein Strawberry tastes just like Atkins to me but with way more protein!

Carrie   HW: 334/Preop Appt W: 328/SW: 313/CW: 2  
preop: -21lbs, month 1: -28lbs, month 2: -16lbs, month 3: -18lbs, month 4: -11lbs,
month 5: -11lbs, month 6: -7lbs, ...all the way down. NOTE: after slacking I got back on track in Nov (month 12) and have lost 16lbs so far!

misselle
on 8/29/11 3:57 pm - TX
I like the lean body on the go strawberries and cream and the cookies and cream. 

2BSheila
on 8/29/11 4:38 pm - Nashville, TN
I drink the EAS Carbadvantage shakes from Walmart.  17 grams of protein with 3 net carbs.  I like the Dark Chocolate flavor, pretty good if you like dark chocolate, not too sweet.  And at $5 for 4 shakes, the price is great. 

doggz109
on 8/29/11 7:02 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
That's weird....I wonder if they put out another bad batch. 

The batch that was all thick/pudding like was a bad batch.....it wasn't supposed to go out like that.  They refunded my money for it.

I haven't had any that are too thin....they have seemed ok lately.  I don't drink them every day...maybe 2-3 times a week for breakfast when I am in a hurry.
ahleeeshah
on 8/30/11 5:25 am
The week I discovered the too thick batch, I called to report it and they sent me out another box, this time with their new formula. I also had another box of drinks, which was fine, the normal formula, not too thick at all. I tried them all and it was very clear that one was too thin, one was too thick, and one was just right, haha. I am the Goldilocks of protein drinks.

LeahBea
on 8/30/11 2:30 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
I'm wondering if Adkins put out a bad batch because ALL of my Adkins RTD shakes have been thick and lumpy and scary. I plan on contacting someone to try to get refunded. Hmmm...

Leah

mythreechildren2001
on 8/30/11 2:37 am
I bought Atkins shakes once a few weeks ago (I'm only 7 weeks out) and I thought they were way too thick.  I used Slimfast low carb shakes...maybe a couple of times/week at the most.

50 y/o female 5'6" HW 283 current 160 goal 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views