What's on your Tuesday Menu?

White Dove
on 3/26/24 9:29 am - Warren, OH

I have never driven the Bay Bridge and have to close my eyes when I am in a car with someone else driving over it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lisa91941
on 3/26/24 7:22 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. Dark, chilly and wet here. Weirdly, my phone says no rain today at all.

I had a good day all around yesterday. Good food, all water and fake coffee and extra exercise. Took a nap too.

Today I need to make a call whether to go to the gym or do my 3 mile loop for a fast walk. Not feeling the gym, but I'll make something happen. Also need to do some cleaning and finish up a few Easter cards and get them in the mail. And work on my book club reading.

QoTD: First, I dress for success. I get up and unless I have an appointment or a fun date, I put on workout bra, leggings, shirt and workout shoes. Half the battle for me that I can stand up and just walk out to meet my goals. Second, I set mini goals every week. I'm not at all competitive, but I love to check off a box and that helps.

My freezer and pantry over floweth, so it's freezer diving for foods this week. I'm determined to find the bottom of my freezer and who knows what treasures lie in there.

B: Making an egg casserole with TJ potato patties, chicken sausage and a bit of cheese. Thanks to Mel, I remembered there is a fabulous blueberry muffin in there and I pulled that out to defrost. I'll get a quarter of it and Rog will get the rest.

L: zero carb tortillas with 1/2 serving TJ's meat kebabs and a little avo. Note, do not recommend these kebabs. So dry.

D: leftover pulled pork, Sweet baby Ray's sugar free bbq sauce, homemade coleslaw, maybe a zero carb tortilla as a transference device.

If I need a snack, I've got greek yogurt with Jello sugar free chocolate pudding mix OR blitzed cottage cheese with Jello sugar free lemon jello mix. Blueberries if I go lemon.

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Sheila_H
on 3/26/24 8:13 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Late to the party. I don't know if it's weather related or stress, but I hate waking up with a headache. Today's plan: plenty of coffee and water, along with Tylenol.

Yesterday my news was concentrated on the orange Teflon once again not paying the bond and having been given a break.

QOTD: I use various strategies. 1) paying a trainer makes you workout so you are not wasting the money. 2) treating the workout hr like any meeting on your calendar, cannot cancel it. 3)having a variety to choose from. If it's cardio day and it's raining I hop on the elliptical. 4)fake it till you make it. You don't have to love every minute of it but you'll love it when you are done. This is very true for my run days. After all these years I still hate running (in my case wog), thank goodness for audiobooks. 5)give yourself grace. It's OK if for one reason or another you skip a day or two, as long as you don't make a habit of it.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Scrambled eggs w/feta cheese
  • Jello, cold cuts w/cheese
  • Rotisserie chicken
  • E: after all that talk about exercise I did skip yesterday. :(

Happy taco Tuesday!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 3/26/24 10:40 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope your headache gets better. Are you getting enough water?

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Julia S.
on 3/26/24 9:00 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- That is a good article, I used to only let myself watch specific shows when I was on the treadmill. But I gave it away when I moved to Maui. I kind of wish I still had it, but it took up so much room. But it was a lot easier on rainy days to get some exercise in. I've been looking at under the desk treadmills, but I'm not sure how much functionality they have.

Yesterday was a sick day for me, started at about 2am when I woke with a splitting headache. I did manage to get some more sleep but then came the diarrhea and then I threw up the yogurt I ate for breakfast. Immodium and rest and today I feel OK, not sure what caused this, I did get Thai food from a different restaurant and it might have been the coconut prawns. I don't usually eat fried foods. Today I still have a bit of a headache but not the nausea.

I have a ton of work, so I'd better get to it. My roommate left last night for Salt Lake City, not sure when I'll see him again.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Emiepie
on 3/26/24 10:40 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you continue to feel better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 3/26/24 4:01 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I thought if everyone's Qotd responses when I forced myself to work out this afternoon when I really didn't want to!! Thank you all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics