Hospital packing list

Susan40
on 6/6/15 5:14 pm - Canada

Thanks!!! I'm excited / nervous but it's all good lol.  How is your recovery coming along?  How are you feeling? Hope you're feeling great! 

LeslieT
on 6/7/15 7:27 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/22/15

I'm doing really well. I get to start pureed food today so I'm pretty excited. I'm still tired but otherwise things are good. I haven't had any problems with food so far and I can barely tell that I had surgery.

Highest: 250 - 30 pounds lost pre-op - Surgery Weight: 220 Current: 156 Goal: 145

Susan40
on 6/9/15 5:19 pm - Canada

That's awesome!!  It must be nice to actually eat something thicker then fluid lol.  3 more days for me :).  I'm happy to hear you are recovering welll and I hope everything continues to heal well for you. 

lammytee14
on 6/6/15 5:28 am

As the others have mentioned, you don't need much. Definitely a good lip balm and crocs (or other non-slip shoes that are easy to put on). CPAP if you use one. And I also packed baby wipes...very handy. No need to pack food...they keep you on clear liquids while you are there...and you don't consume much.

Good luck next week!

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

tricia lynch
on 6/6/15 5:44 pm - thorold, Canada

i just had a quick question to i see a lot say they brought lap tops and that is anyone from st joe's and how much is the wifi per day? thanks you

Pegasus_AM
on 6/8/15 1:20 am

I'm an over packer by nature so I packed probably what seemed like everything but the kitchen sink lol. My most comforting things though were my own pillows and comfy blanket,  my own P.J's, new socks (I love the feel of new socks when I'm not feeling well), lip balm, toiletries (deodorant, my soap,toothbrush, toothpaste,hairbrush,hair elastics) if your from out of town and have to stay at a hotel for a few days like I did then remember extra toiletries (shampoo, conditioner,feminie products,skin lotion,etc..), extra clothes and your vitamins, medications,etc...The day after surgery my nurse helped me to wash off all the itchy pink antiseptic scrub they put on for surgery and helped me get into a pair of my own P J's and honestly I felt so much better after that. Once I got to the hotel my friend went and did all the food shopping for me but I had brought some food with me as well Good-Luck :-) 

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

Kathy S.
on 6/11/15 12:58 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Recent Topics