Recent Posts

ShanaC
on 2/12/19 2:44 pm - Cleveland, OH
Topic: RE: Delayed UPDATE From Lansingville/ Youngstown, OH.

So wonderful. I've looked into swimming and some kind of water exercise myself. Sounds fun!

Jan. 22, 2019 had RNY surgery. Please send positive thoughts and prayers my way. Thanks!

Height 5'10" / HW 330 / CW 295

HeLLeNa_HaNdBaSk
Et

on 1/14/19 12:36 pm - Youngstown, OH
Topic: Delayed UPDATE From Lansingville/ Youngstown, OH.

I've posted a few entries a good while ago on either the general discussion forum or RNY forum or Ohio members forum here. But as I stated, that was some months back in 2018. It slipped my mind to post UPDATES & current status on my BLOG. It's been a bloody 2 years since posting here on OH.com! So I'm gonna catch you up on what has transpired.

I was approved for RNY/ Gastric Bypass Surgery by my health provider, Care Source/ Medicaid, late November 2017. I had the procedure performed by Dr. Robert Woodruff, F.A.C.S. at St. Joseph Medical Center in Warren, OH, on February 6th, 2018!

Here's my basic stats:

Age at time of surgery: 48

Height: 5'5"

Residence: Lansingville, Youngstown, OH

Highest Weight: 440-ish Lbs. during 2014/ 2015

Day of Surgery (06 Feb. 2018) Weigh In: 378#s

Current Weight as of 14 January 2019: 292/ 293#s

Personal Short Term Goal Weight for my 1st SURGIVERSARY Follow up w/ Surgeon Sched. 07 Feb. 2019: 278#s (fingers crossed)

Weightloss & BMI Goal (PRE-Excess Skin Removal & Breast reduction/Lift & Augmentation): 165-ish Pounds w/ BMI @ 31

Final Overall Weight Loss Post-Ops Goal: Between 130#s- 140#s

I do exercises/ workouts at home (especially using my HEAVY cane & elastic band). I walk up & my hallway in my apt. bldg. I was cleared by my docs to go bowling as exercise (as per my nagging request) starting in late August/ September 2018 for NO LONGER than 30 mins & no more than 1 or 2xs every week. I nearly sweated out my relaxer! ROFL! I'm not a "bowler" like my BFF & her bf whom both are and they drive me to the lanes. But if I'm gonna exercise, then I'm going to do things that are enjoyable & I won't dread. I don't go to keep score. Just to get healthier & burn off the excess.

As of Dec. 31, 2018 w/ 2 or 3 sessions per week, with a "12 Visit" prescription from my surgeon for exercise and improve strength/ stability & a separate 'script from my PCP for my edema, I've been going to ATLAS REHAB & WELLNESS CTR, in Liberty, OH for Aqua Therapy. I love it and have been wanting and needing this for years ever since I heard about it over 15 years ago. I'm in the pool doing routines for an hour with 2 minute breaks with a therapist (he or she are outside the pool). Then hit the showers there. I'll say this much, I've had 5 sessions and I can stand in the 'handicapped' shower for about 5-8 mins. I still need to use the handrails, but I mo longer feel like I'm going to faint, collapse or just can't bathe & reach areas at all.

So all my efforts are reaping small achievements. The ability to perform activities I couldn't even accomplish 8 months ago are happening! Like needing "smaller" clothes. I need 3x/ 4x in knit bottoms and 6x/7x in pullover t-shirts & tops to allow for the hooters. lol

I'll try NOT to go 2 years more before posting. L8R Jen

HeLLeNa_HaNdBaSk
Et

on 1/14/19 12:10 pm - Youngstown, OH
Topic: RE: Hello Ohio!

Same to you & Happy New Year!

ShanaC
on 12/30/18 1:14 pm - Cleveland, OH
Topic: Hello Ohio!

Just saying a quick hello to everyone in Ohio! I hope that all of you are having a great day!

Jan. 22, 2019 had RNY surgery. Please send positive thoughts and prayers my way. Thanks!

Height 5'10" / HW 330 / CW 295

JustMe1960
on 6/24/18 6:24 pm - Cleveland, OH
Topic: RE: Akron/Cleveland Folk

Hi Daniel,

I'm in Cleveland. There doesn't seem to be much posting activity in this forum; I guess the other Ohio folks must be busy. :^)

Where did you havbe your surgery? I'm still debating the pros and cons of it all, but if I have the surgery, it will be at the Cleveland Clinic. I have a few appointments scheduled there to begin the process.

Nice to "meet" you!

Daniel B.
on 6/11/18 12:32 pm - Mansfield, OH
RNY on 01/20/17
Topic: Akron/Cleveland Folk

Hey everyone!

Where is everyone located at?

missljb
on 4/21/18 1:54 pm
Topic: RE: 80 BMI CARESOURCE WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY APPROVAL ODDS

I too have CareSource and I struggle with this. You have to do the 9 month supervised diet in order to be approved for the surgery. Thing is, I can't work because of my weight but am continually denied disability benefits. So, I can't receive SNAP benefits. All in all, this means I cannot afford foods I would need to maintain the diet. If you don't stick to the diet, you are denied. Basically, they all want poor fat people to die.

Ksim0484
on 9/4/17 1:41 pm
VSG on 09/16/14
Topic: RE: Size friendly OB/GYN near Cleveland?

Dr Tucker in Willoughby! She is part of the lake health system and I've been going to her since I was in college. I'm very particular about my doctors and Dr. Tucker and Dr. Brozowski (same office) have been phenomenal. I was with her at my largest (310+) and now, with all the weird bodily changes due to the weight loss. I'm way more self conscious now and she's always been super professional and able to answer all of my gross questions about the changes without batting an eye.

Sassylike
on 8/8/17 8:00 am
Topic: Fresh Start Bariatric

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Fresh Start Bariatric program at Ohiohealth (Riverside) in Columbus.

I did the online seminar and am going to my insurance coordinator meeting on Thursday.

I have a lot of documented weight loss attempts in the past few years, and have been seeing a dietician and therapist regularly.

I have Aetna insurance, and am curious about the timeframe from start to finish

Thanks!

Sassylike
on 8/8/17 7:50 am
Topic: RE: Fresh Start Bariatric

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Fresh Start Bariatric program at Ohiohealth (Riverside) in Columbus.

I did the online seminar and am going to my insurance coordinator meeting on Thursday.

I have a lot of documented weight loss attempts in the past few years, and have been seeing a dietician and therapist regularly.

I have Aetna insurance, and am curious about the timeframe from start to finish

Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1122 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1501 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2382 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2286 views