Disappointed to get no responses

jdm511
on 1/22/12 4:28 pm - Ballston spa, NY
I had a private room, my wife had a room mate.  We both had to be at home over night for our kids.  The first night you are so sleepy from the anesthesia that you will just sleep I think I woke up about 3 AM and they took me for a walk and I went back to bed.  The morning after they get you moving pretty early for the leak test, so you don't have too much time to think. 

Good luck

mreid73030
on 1/22/12 6:00 am
 I had my RNY on 10/5 by Dr P From Ellis.  The staff at the office is great and everyone at the hospital was great too.  I live up near glens falls so if you want a  buddy, PM me and I can give you my contact info.  Good luck!!

lovemykids3
on 1/22/12 10:48 am
 I just sent you a friend request on here! I am in Hudson Falls so I am right around the corner from you! How funny :) I am a little nervous about the procedure, but am looking forward to it. I am just nervous because I am afraid I will have that "what have I done" feeling and also, I don't really have any health issues right now and I'm afraid what if this causes some? Like anemia and vitamin deficiency? I am pretty healthy for the most part. There is diabetes in my family and I am doing this to prevent me from getting it too and also just because I am sick of being heavy! I could use all the support I can get on here. Not that I don't have support at home, because I do! My husband is awesome, just looking for more support from fellow RNYer's!
VeronicaJ5
on 1/22/12 9:44 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
There aren't many ny people on the site who frequent that I've noticed have you joined the facebook page?
debbie13
on 1/27/12 9:47 am - Cossayuna, NY
 HI! I am an RNY patient from ALbany Med. I am very active in our support group and we do have a few that come over from Ellis from time to time. You are more than welcome too. We also have a facebook page if you are interested. I can send you the info on either if you like. 

If you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me here.

"The road to health will have speed bumps, pot holes, stop signs and asshole drivers that cut you off... but with WLS, never doubt that you will get there."

Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.--- Jack Nicklaus

Trish V.
on 2/16/12 8:14 am - Gloversville, NY
RNY on 03/06/12
Hello,

I am 6 pounds away from a surgery date at Ellis as well. I have Dr. Ingram. My friend had her bypass yesterday and I went to see her today and she felt pretty good. She said the care from the hospital staff was not good. So I am only worried about that. she didnt have a nurse walk with her, she had to walk alone. So anyway, if you need a friend, feel free to add me.

-Trish
Most Active
Recent Topics