Wish me luck at the grill!

determineddanni
on 8/11/11 9:41 am
I LOVE beer-can chicken! So yummmy .... my mouth is watering
Elizabeth N.
on 8/11/11 9:54 am - Burlington County, NJ
I'll go you one better: I have another big boy brown river trout in the freezer to grill before I go :-D. It's a mega treat for sis and me both, though for slightly different reasons. BIL doesn't eat it, so it's kinda pointless for her to cook it even when fisherman friend shows up with lots of it. He doesn't bother with the little guys that would be appropriate for her dinner--no fun in that. I've had to rein him in a bit on what he wants to deliver to me in fish for that matter LOL. If he had his druthers he'd fish to feed the whole damned valley.

(He'd also bring along enough of his magnificent homemade Flathead cherry wine to get the entire population passed out. He's a trip, a truly wonderful human being.)

determineddanni
on 8/11/11 10:15 am
Your just making me jealous! Gosh dang it! And you had to mention flathead cherries too...... Next time when your MT your should come up to Helena and have a cook out! WOOO
Julie R.
on 8/11/11 10:22 am - Ludington, MI
 Mmmmm....Flathead cherries....almost as good as Michigan cherries.   We so so many little huts selling cherries in the valley, that my BIL claims he is going to start a business manufacturing pre-made cherry huts that one can order various styles of and have delivered to their front yard to sell from.   
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/11/11 9:51 am
Never had it, sounds great though. Once I get out of this god forsaken ****hole and have a REAL yard with a BBQ grill I'm making some.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Elizabeth N.
on 8/11/11 10:06 am - Burlington County, NJ

You can do it in the oven too!

1. Get chickie and remove his gizzards and rinse him off. Give gizzards to any cats you can find, since we are not doing gizzard gravy in this recipe. Let chickie come to kinda sorta room temp or he will not sear as well. Don't worry, you will not get botchulism or e. coli from this step.

BLEACH YOUR HANDS. (Since people think touching a chickie will cause instant death, y'know, gotta put that in there.)

2. Get can-o-beer, OPEN THE CAN (important) and pour off an inch or so.

BLEACH YOUR HANDS.

3. Shove OPEN can-o-beer up chickie's ass. It's actually down chickie's throat, but up the ass makes better press.

BLEACH YOUR ELBOWS....I mean hands.

4. Get a little hunk of onion or potato and plug chickie's butthole (the end up which you did not shove can-o-beer, which really IS chickie's butthole, but our chickie has two asses for the sake of humor).

BLEACH YOUR BUTTOCKS.....I mean hands.

5. There are many marvelous seasoning mixes out there that are marked as being for fried or roasted chickie. Or you can mix your own. I used something in sis's cupboard called Johnny's Seasoning Salt. It's kinda like that McCormick stuff only better. Rub this into chickie's skin until he squeaks.

BLEACH YOUR KNEECAPS....I mean hands.

6. Heat the oven till it's almost burning down the house. We are talking mega searing HOT HOT HOT.

BLEACH YOUR....oh wait, we didn't touch chickie in this step.

7. Put chickie, which you have intelligently placed beer can ass down in a pan so as not to burn the house down, into the HOT HOT HOT oven. Let him sear for about ten minutes. You should not get flames from this step. If you do, you forgot the pan.

BLEACH YOUR BIG TOENAILS....I mean hands.

8. Reduce heat to about 350 and let chickie cook in his juices and his beer for oh, an hour or so. Do not disturb his repose by checking on him unless you see smoke or flames.

9. You need a thermometer to check him according to the so called experts. I think 180 at the thigh is the "safe" temp. IMNSHO you can tell when a chickie's goose is cooked, but that's not good enough for a lot of people.

Oops, we forgot a round of bleach. Are you blonde yet?

10. Pull out the whole shebang and let it stand for a good ten minutes or so before you OH SO VERY CAREFULLY pull chickie off his can and put him on a platter to slice. Upsetting the beer can is a very bad idea. Hot beer stinks when spilled.

Enjoy :-D. Oh, and don't forget to bathe in bleach lest a chickie germ get missed. *eyeroll* Seems to me when we butchered chickies we didn't go through all that bleach nonsense.....

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/11/11 10:19 am
I better buy some bleach

This is great! Once the weather cools down I'll make one. And get some extra beer for the chef... Um, scratch that I shouldn't be drinking yet (4 months to go!)

Thankies!
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 10:20 am - Beverly, NJ
LoL Best recipe I'e read so far!

After I sear my chick I normally loosley cover in foil for most of the roasting.  I then uncover again to make sure the skin is crispy as I want it. 

Your chick will fall apart when lifting off the beer can if you've cooked it right so be careful when you lift her off the can o beer. 
Elizabeth N.
on 8/11/11 10:22 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yeah, I figured that. These tame chickies go to pieces so easily over the slightest stimulation, y'know..... Oh well, as long as most of the skin is crispy but not ashy. His asshole is a bit singed unfortunately.

Oh wait. He is probably a she.

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/11/11 10:27 am
Speaking of the chicken's arse, do you ever eat the "Pope's nose"? That's the yummy fatty nub on the bum where the spine ends. I had this one grand-aunt who would kill for it, but we always saved it for her nevertheless.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 944 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1156 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 408 views